X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible boost leak

Hi all,

Need your help again

From the moment I bought my car I have, I think, a boost leak. It boost till 0,65 bar (the car is standard) and it should go to 0,8 bar. I already changed some stuff (more because it was all very old and never changed):
    - new wastegate spring
    - new dumpvalve
    - WGFV
    - diaphragm(?)
    - renewd the small hoses/pipes.

I know that I have a small crank in the hose that runs from the airfilter to the turbo. Could this be the cause?, I thought that there wasnt any pressure on this part, because it sits infront of the turbo. But I read the thread about the group buy of the pressure testing device and there they mentioned that this is the hose where the testing begins.

Thanx
    Erik de Bruijn
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Originally posted by Erikb
    Hi all,

I know that I have a small crank in the hose that runs from the airfilter to the turbo. Could this be the cause?, I thought that there wasnt any pressure on this part, because it sits infront of the turbo. But I read the thread about the group buy of the pressure testing device and there they mentioned that this is the hose where the testing begins.

Erik de Bruijn
    They use that hose because it is a convenient place to attact the pressure tester. Otherwise you are right, there is very little pressure in the section of hose normally.

Comment

Working...
    X