How do i polish an intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i polish an intake manifold?

I want to polish the inside to smooth things out as opposed to the outside for bling. Does anybody know what to use and where to buy it??

Picture a feather duster, make it emery paper instead of feathers, add a flexable shaft, and stick it into a drill. Thats what i want if such a thing exists.

Thanks,

Mark.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

If I were you i'd pay a machine shop to do it for you, I polished my cam cover with wet and dry using finer grades the metal polish and that took 12hrs solid to do it.

Its better to pay someone to do it with machinery.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

do you really want to do this, if it is polished you may get liquid drop out at low speeds and will make the car rough at low engine speeds. If you smooth off all the sharp edges on the intake side this will improve flow without encouraging drop out.

Paul
      S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
        I want to polish the inside to smooth things out as opposed to the outside for bling. Does anybody know what to use and where to buy it??

Picture a feather duster, make it emery paper instead of feathers, add a flexable shaft, and stick it into a drill. Thats what i want if such a thing exists.

Thanks,

Mark.
        Hey "bling" gets chicks!

Ah yes, the polish...as mentioned you do not want it too smooth. The greatest enhancement will come from doing a gasket match to the head.
        First, get this:
        http://www.eastwood.com/shopping/pro...iProductID=942

These do a great job on a die grinder. Also order a couple long mandrels to get further down into the manifold.

Do a search and find the discussion on gasket matching and porting from earlier this year. It is all explained with pictures.

Dave K.
        USA
        1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
        2001 S4

Comment

Working...
        X