No announcement yet.

Pressurised MAFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a fair comment, but i will take the risk. I did water proof the connectors and also sealed the electronics up with silicone sealer, as its bound to get wet just there
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom: In short , you have moved the MAF and replace bypass valve with HKS(japan racer woosh woosh) open air type ?

What the difference now ? Any side effects ?

P.S. I'm asking bycouse i like the woosh woosh sound not a hourse sound that my open air filter does now on throttle release.
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

better throttle response is an advantage. but i dont know how hard/what difference it has made to the fuelling within the ECU.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Where are the threaded rods to hold the pipes on?
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

But no more by-pass valve , welcome woosh woosh open air type ?
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I hate the open air bypass valve. But i have no choice.

I havent done the threaded bar mod Doug, but i have the bits to do it. It doesnt seem to leak and there is nowhere for the pipes to go I will change it if it proves to be a problem
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

My car has a recirculating dump valve but it sounds like a 'vent to atmosphere' type with my new air filter, cheese grater thing. Very chav.

Looking good Tom. I am looking forward for you to show me what it can do...you remember the challenge don't you?

A simple shield in front of the MAF might be a good idea. Having said that my car has been without and aux rad for 2 years and my exposed cambelt cover hasn't been peppered or damaged yet. If you rotate it so that the full diameter of the MAF is exposed as opposed to the lump on the outside then I would have thought it would be fine...You can always use a carbon MAF tube if you break that one :-)

Nice hoses BTW!! ;-)
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                X