No announcement yet.

Maf to Turbo hose suitable for RS4 Mafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why dont you all 3 get together and get a good deal on some Vems ECUs instead?? who can wait till spring? You'd be changing setups by then because the hp wont be enough!! haha

Comment

Informative thread, missed it first time around.

Thanks Colsey for the link.

Does anyone have a photo of the modification the Prj does with the standard ABY loom MAF plug to allow the RS4 MAF to be connected.

Just wanted a sneak preview of what I will be getting from him.

As well as a suitable RS4 MAF hose covered earlier in this thread.

Also, europeanme do you happen to have a photo of your turbo and manifold that you referred to in post number # 15 ? Just curious, thanks either way.
      Last edited by macspring; 6 February 2013, 22:01.

Comment

Right, some progress. I have the RS4 Maf and have been thinking about airflow into the Maf as my current setup would require a 180 degree bend just before the RS4 maf to squeeze an air filter in. I've had a look at my 3B airbox and the RS4 maf fits in snugly with the removal of the OE internal flow straightening pipe. If I add a new 90mm flow pipe in the top of the airbox lid I can get it all setup and a totally OE look. I'll post some pics to illustrate the fit and how easy it is to mod the airbox. The question is, will the 3B airbox with a panel filter (K & N) flow enough air for 450-500hp? I'll be adding a 4" cold air feed into the bottom of the airbox routed from a duct I have in the inner wing that collects air from the stock oil cooler location. I can measure the surface area of the panel filter, not sure if there are any simple rules of airflow vs surface area of filters for given BHP?
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I think the filter should be OK if you add an extra duct to the airbox.
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I'll be following suit when Steve fancies chopping some white German metal
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Will it fit the ABY airbox? If so you have a larger panel filter for not much money.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yeah, I recon there would be little difference fitting the RS4 maf to either 3B or ABY airbox. What sort of money to ABY airbox's go for?
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

£50 or less seems to be the standard.
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                  X