RS2 lambda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 lambda

Given the solution to my recent post re poor fuel consumption appeared to be a new lambda probe. Will there always be a fault code associated with a failing probe ?

And as my only problem is poor fuel consumption rather than poor running could there be any other causes ?
    Bearing in mind that in the last 18 months it has had new sparks, MAF, N75, air filter and fuel filter

Oh and if it has been running rich due to the lambda does the MAF need cleaning ????
    Alastair
    RS2

If your car run rich off boost Lambda ( only cost 50€ from lamdasonden.de)
    If rich on boost then it's might be a leak

one other thing that can make the car run rich is to low fuel pressure (don't ask me why it's righten like that in the code fault) had it one time and it was just the clamp on the tube going to the FPR that was not tight, So that when on boost I didn't have enough pressure (so may be knock then ecu retard ignition= high fuel consumption).
    can also arrive with fuel pump not working good or FPR out of order.
    make your fuelpressure get check
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

I would clean the MAF anyway. A duff lambda won't affect the cleanliness of the MAF. If the lambda is just old then it is probably very slow or not doing it's job right at all. I think it gets looked over in services - not sure how often they should be changed but every 40k sounds a good bet. You don't get fault codes for an old lambda.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by alg
        Given the solution to my recent post re poor fuel consumption appeared to be a new lambda probe. Will there always be a fault code associated with a failing probe ?

And as my only problem is poor fuel consumption rather than poor running could there be any other causes ?
        Bearing in mind that in the last 18 months it has had new sparks, MAF, N75, air filter and fuel filter

Oh and if it has been running rich due to the lambda does the MAF need cleaning ????
        hi
        here is the fuel filter of the RS2? mybe will change mine to (almost 100.000km)... is it dificult?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          I would clean the MAF anyway. A duff lambda won't affect the cleanliness of the MAF. If the lambda is just old then it is probably very slow or not doing it's job right at all. I think it gets looked over in services - not sure how often they should be changed but every 40k sounds a good bet. You don't get fault codes for an old lambda.
          hello again
          how do you clean MAF? I always was told that MAF doesnt need to be cleaned (self clean "burning" the wire), or if we try to clean it, it could be damadge.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2.pt
            hello again
            how do you clean MAF? I always was told that MAF doesnt need to be cleaned (self clean "burning" the wire), or if we try to clean it, it could be damadge.
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993
            _________
            Rob
            sigpic_________
            Rob

Comment

Longest change interval for different lambda types was 160k km at bosch's spec sheets. There were about 4 different types listed and 160k was the longest recommended renewal interval.
              Can't really remember more accurate details about the matter.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X