Is this acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this acceptable?

So I fitted my intake manifold with a phenolic spacer and two gaskets. I noticed there is some gasket overhang in the injector hole as it is in the pic I don't think it should be that way and will want to pull it apart and get some new gaskets or trim these.

Am I over reacting & will the injector spray not get interfered with?

I have to pull it back off anyway since one of the M8 holes for the manifold is stripped and needs a Time Sert, and I've Hylomarded the lot

Attached Files
    ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

I dont think so, you probably wont even see it when the injector insert is installed.

Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I didn't think I required inserts for the Wagner manifold?

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Oh, didnt spot that. I dont know sorry.
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I can't see the tip of the injector being affected by this. I can't comment as to whether inserts are required with the Wagner setup.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Its also worth noting I think people who used these spacers was finding they was having earthing issue's after fitting them. It was possibly vasilis that mentioned it in his thread when he had one fitted, I also know of someone else who removed his after a short while.

Comment

good point, you'll need to connect the earthing points on the IM to the engine block somehow if you insulate the IM from the block like this

Comment

The gaskets are just as much an insulator as the spacer. Conductivity would still be via the bolts that hold the manifold to the head. If problems still exist, a bonding cable should be attached.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Working...
                X