Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Cat Pipes - Emissions

Ok Guys, you are all right!

An ABY WILL NOT pass the MOT emissions test without Catalytic Conveters!

I have jsut got back from my friendly MOT tester who said you've got no chance!

It was at about 70ppm and needed to be under 35ppm....

Time to put the Cats back on and shut up. (Picked the best time of year didn't I?)

Cheers.

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

oh the weather is perfect for doing that today enjoy!!!!

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

least you can do somthing about your emisions!!
      ive got this ***** didgi tec chip which throws enough fuel in to run a battle cruiser!
      MOT guy laughed his **** off at the reading so unless i can find a way of reducing the amount of fuel it fires in, im gonna have to find a stock 3B ecu, The car runns a bit "rich" is an understatement!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
        oh the weather is perfect for doing that today enjoy!!!!

David
        I think Sunday is going to be the day. I think I can get my car in my single garage and have enough room to jack it up and crawl under. The De Cat pipes have only been on 7 years so they won't be too hard to get off - NOT.

At least I might be dry and I cn run a fan heater.....

Cheers.

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing
          least you can do somthing about your emisions!!
          ive got this ***** didgi tec chip which throws enough fuel in to run a battle cruiser!
          MOT guy laughed his **** off at the reading so unless i can find a way of reducing the amount of fuel it fires in, im gonna have to find a stock 3B ecu, The car runns a bit "rich" is an understatement!!
          You have my sympathies. The standard car runs rich so yours must be a joke

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic

Comment

How has the car passed the MOT for 7 years but failed now?

Comment

cause the ecu was chipped in june 2004 and the MOT was from 28th dec 2003 which means ive got the grand total of 11days, well 4days actually cause im in LA from the 21st till the 5th

Comment

does anyone rent out 3B ecu's?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                  How has the car passed the MOT for 7 years but failed now?
                  I wish I knew. All I can think of is there is some paperwork that the previous owner had from the DOT describing the regulations for Audi's in 1997 and the previous owners MOT tester was a small outfit using old regulations.

TBH I have no idea, I am just pissed off it is 7 days till xmas I have this hassle. The only consolation is it is not my everyday car

(And I won't be driving it like its stolen thankyouverymuch )
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                    I won't be driving it like its stolen thankyouverymuch )
                    oh well

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                      oh well
                      Just ****ing fast
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                        Ok Guys, you are all right!

An ABY WILL NOT pass the MOT emissions test without Catalytic Conveters!

I have jsut got back from my friendly MOT tester who said you've got no chance!

It was at about 70ppm and needed to be under 35ppm....

Time to put the Cats back on and shut up. (Picked the best time of year didn't I?)

Cheers.

Steve.
                        Thats old news - this was covered ages ago. Only way for to pass legally is with CAT pipes fitted - even with factory chips actually.

Doesn't apply to the lucky 3B owners running with different MOT rules based on date car was 1st registered.

Personally I wouldn't be arsed replacing CATs for sake of MOT, but I shall be fitting a sports spec CAT in the future - in conjunction with a custom exhaust that deletes the dreaded Y-piece.

Paul
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

At last, my 3B becomes superior, ha ha ha ha! The de-cat really opened up the exhaust, makes a lovely noise now, and there was definitely an improvement in top-end grunt. I can breeze through the MOT. Well, on emisisons at least...
                          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net

Doesn't apply to the lucky 3B owners running with different MOT rules based on date car was 1st registered.
                            Yeah mine sailed through the MOT on monday
                            i was watching them test the emissions, they were holding the revs at about 4k for a while and generally scratching their heads
                            heard one of them say to another guy that its failed, so i shouthed over 'its a 91' m8' (i have a private plate)
                            "ahh that'll explain it, its passed then" lol

Comment

yeah apart from us with a 3b after the bloody change date, i miss it by 4 days and i really wanted to run mine minus the cats and the Y section too

fook fook fook

David
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X