cat-replacment tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat-replacment tubes

Are these of any use? Can we feel if the cats are remowed?
    Attached Files
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

I have those on my car, I purchased them from quattro sports (kim collins).

no noticable power gains,but I expect there are, it sounds a lot better.
    DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

im wanting some for mine... am gonna go to powerflow up the road from me and see what they can do
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
        im wanting some for mine...
        same for me, don't want to risk breaking the cat on a bumpy road...

question: can anyone point me to a dimensional drawing of these pipes? for an ABY (3B also). a buddy can make these for a fair #'o€ but needs a drawing.

btw: according to a leading tuner here, removing the cat's will give a potential to run at higher boost and thus BIG power increase

Comment

At the moment, the cats r limiting any more power advance above 380BHP on my set up. Their is also the thought of flames at gear changes .
          RS2 MTM

Comment

Originally posted by DAVIDP20V
            I have those on my car, I purchased them from quattro sports (kim collins).

no noticable power gains,but I expect there are, it sounds a lot better.
            I have just HAD to put my CATS back on for the MOT and can confirm on my car they definitely make a difference. The car now feels like it is being strangled abover 4500 rpm and has lost some "urge" above 100mph that it used to have. I am fully prepared to take them off again and only refit for the MOT. I was surprised to "feel" the difference!
            (That said one of the CATS is making a horrible rattling noise and may well be shot so this could also be affecting the performance.....)

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Steve - do you have VAGCOM or G-Tech ?

If so you could get some before and after figures - I've been wanting to quantify any gains for a long time... My own plans are for a custom 70mm exhaust with a sports CAT and the removal of the splitter pipes... When the current system finally dies.

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately not, although I had toyed with the idea of putting it back on the rolling road. Trouble with that is of course you really need to go to the same place again with the same temperatures etc. My last rolling road was in September at AMD in Oxfordshire.

I am only going on "seat of the pants" feel can definitely confirm that there is a loss of power at higher rpm's. To me it feels as it the car is being strangled a bit and you don't get the hard PUNCH when changing up in 4th 5th and 6th.

How much is a G-tech??

Cheers,

Steve
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Got my car De-Catted yesterday afternoon.... definitely a difference on my car!!!! Pick up is better and im sure a little lower down and its got a slightly deeper tone.

Improvement is prob due to one of the cats was totally ****ed and exit was pretty much blocked, there was litterally nothing intact in that one... the other wasnt too bad but was still ****ed..... they sounded like getting a big tin, filling it with nuts and bolts then rattling the **** out of it! So you can imagine how much happier i am to be shot of them!

Cost was £100 from Powerflow in Aylesbury, top guys and know there stuff it would seem... one of them races a funny car...

When i asked bout exhaust, the first question was the power i have / target power not how loud do you want it to be like normally asked!!!

They dnt yet do 3" systems, but will be soon they said as they have only just opened recently.... also enquired about any kind of discount should a few people be interested in an exhaust.

Looking at it from underneath a side exit is by far the best way to go in terms of cost and there is so much room for it under there too.
                  Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                  2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...astpost&t=6787

If you wan´t to run standard exhaust this might be an option.
                    I´m looking forward to installing mine.

Søren S2
                    Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                      .... one of the CATS is making a horrible rattling noise and may well be shot so this could also be affecting the performance.....
                      that rattling noise usually indicates the end of the cat's life (and no other 8 left in this case), the broken 'stone' will crumble and cause the channels to block, slowing your car to a crawl eventually (experience speaking here)

but still no sign of a nice drawing.........

Comment

Working...
                      X