Exaust heat Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaust heat Shield

Silly question really but has anyone had their rear silencer head shield go on them if so what solution did they employ to sort it.

Do I really need it ,can I bin it ? I phoned TPS and it's £158 + vat not cheap for something that's not needed but my gut feeling is fix and fit.

I am having a stainless exaust fitted today so if I don't need it I will bin ?

I've binned all the ones on mine, appart from the bit on the bulk head, they were rotten and caused mosture traps, no problems and my exhaust get's HOT! Give's the fitter more space to play with as well
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks Kit how do you fancy changing a timing belt for me ?

Comment

To be honest Ray I'm flat out with building work for the next month or two so it would have to be early November at the earliest, sorry I can't help sooner, I need my spare time for my own projects ATM.

I'd only need the car for an afternoon, how desperate are you to get it done mate?

Today is my last day of a much needed week off but I'm going to be very busy for the next couple of weeks.

More than happy to do the job though, I actally enjoy doing the belts on S2's.

You'll want a new bottom cambelt toothed sproket and crank bolt as well the belt kit, four new allen bolts fot the bottom pulley wouldn't go amiss either.

Comment

No problem with early November m8 I have got all the parts apart from the main bolt I will have that next week. I'm in no hurry at the mo so November is fine just let me know when and I will defo be over I can visit some friends over in hundred houses at the same time.

Comment

OK buddy, no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X