Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gasket flexpipe wastegate - no longer available?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I found it on there, but the postage is totally crazy! I'd pay the 18 Euro for the gasket in a blink but I have a real problem with 25 Euro for postage. I know they have a captive market but that is a real p*&s take.
    i'm in the same way, must order this but 25 euros of shipping killing me :-(
    maybe the other seal worth a try ?
    sigpic

Comment

well it seems it looks pretty close !thanks to Shuriken (again..) and i have paid something like 2 euros

the first pics the seals are superimposed

not yet on the exhaust but will do, just need to resize "light" two little holes on the seal
      sigpic

Comment

sorry mistake on the price, 7 eruos from bosal or 4 from walker (Walker big hole is more bigger than genuine & bosal one, duno if there is problem with that)
        sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a UK source for these!!?? Just looked all over the interweb and can only find european and us source which are ÂŁ20 plus ÂŁ20 shipping and a relatively long lead time!!!

(Thanks Brexiteers. Another shot in the foot! )

I am tempted to go and set some made myself at this rate...

Any insights would be appreciated...

Cheers

Steve

The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Decided to have a go with this..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164471581...53.m2749.l2648

The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by s2foruvgtpe
              This would be easy and a solution for the future. The best I came up with was this: https://autowikius.com/ If you don't have a tap, you can rent a tap set for cheap from any auto parts store or get a cheap set from Harbor Freight.
              Can we get rid of this spammer please.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Have a look at this one, not used it myself but looks like it could fit.
                https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...asket-vr6.html

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
                  Ordered, for ÂŁ6 it is worth a punt! Thanks. I will report back...
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Keep us posted, i need one too!
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Can we get rid of this spammer please.
                      Done!
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

They are standard gaskets at any exhaust shop… nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by theyagaraj View Post
                          They are standard gaskets at any exhaust shop… nothing special
                          OK, what size / part number should I ask for??
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Take the old one and they will match it .

Comment

Old one has crumbled! I will make a pattern...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
                                This does NOT fit unfortunately. Bore is correct, hole pitch is not.... (It could be modified to fit, but I will make my own from the sheet I bought...)

Cheers

Steve
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X