X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat system exhaust / MOT Questions

Hello there guys!
    I have a 3inch de-catted system fitted.
    How do you guys get the car through the MOT's?

If its by bolting on a decat for this, does anyone here have that cat part of the system?

I'll prob need it for MOT's in future.

Best regards,
    Chris

People on here have friendly MOT guys or they fit the cat back in and then remove again after or they have sports cats which make MOT's passable or they leave the exhaust alone as it came from Audi... the choice is yours.

Comment

Does this look any good?

http://www.cats2u.co.uk/product_info...xbTBoCnsbw_wcB

Comment

Im afraid you are asking the wrong person here mate... I wouldnt have a clue... Im sure someone will answer soon for you though.

Comment

I've heard that people with gutted cats still pass MOT'S, so might be worth seeing before buying all the parts etc.
          '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
          '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

You need a friendly MOT man

Comment

See if anyone on here has some cats you can use for the MOT

Comment

The last Mot I had done on mine was done by someone I knew, however, I genuinly believe that the Lambda Probe up one of the tailpipes was giving a genuine reading. What he did say (if I remember correctly) was that they can sometimes give a spurious reading on twin pipes Unless the other tailpipe was blocked off. (I'm sure there are Mot testers here that will either confirm that this is so; or tell me it was His way of getting a Pass for me )

Comment

It will not pass without a cat, you need removable cats, sports cat or a friendly MOT man.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                    Sadly not. You need something to mate with your 3" system.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've use sports cats for a few years and the condition of the engine has meant that they just can't cope. Depending on how the new engine copes, I'll either get another one or ditch it and get an MOT friendly cat and a decat. I've spent £00s on trying to do the right thing and it's been a waste of time.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                        Sadly not. You need something to mate with your 3" system.
                        Damn it :/ .. thx a lot guys for the replies! :/ .... hmmm 3" cat section.....

Comment

Yea, no chance to clear MOT without cats with these cars. Usually also a big racing cat need a lot of heat to work properly, so would need high rpm's for 5-10min just before MOT testing.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

cat

hi i have a top spec 3" jetex sport cat ,brand new never fitted £160 posted

Comment

Working...
                            X