Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crankcase breather assembly

Hi all,

054 103 129 A is the bit i'm interested in getting. Mine needs a clean but i doubt its possible to get it out without destroying it so will be getting a replacement.

Where is the best place to get them? I see online vw heritage do them for £18 but there is a 3 week waiting list!

What about alternatives? I'm sure i remember seeing somewhere on here some clever bloke had turned one from Aluminium which could be unscrewed for cleaning...
    Attached Files

Billet breather thread

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74680
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

you need a sharp flat screw driver, work your way round it until it comes off ,you will need to fatten edge back to its original shape before refitting ,i also rubbed it down and resprayed it before fitting it back in,no problem very easy to do. i dont see what all the fuss is about

Comment

That is the two piece breather I had in mind! My engine bay is not bling enough to justify the price tag. As nice as the alloy item is, I will have a go removing my old one. If all else fails, it costs me nothing if it does work and £18 if it doesn't. Cheers

Comment

be careful how sharp the sharp screwdriver is...

I just punched my sharp screwdriver right through the breather!

Oh well, i'll get a new one and be done with it

Comment

you must have a touch of an elephant

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X