Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiz - What's wrong with this picture???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz - What's wrong with this picture???

This one!
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

What in gods name is that? Your profile says you've not got cats???
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

looks like part of the cat has collapsed.
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

that could restrict flow some what...
        Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
        Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
        Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
        Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
        Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Correct - The Cats when back on for the MOT at new year and have been on until today.

The strange thing is (not so strange now) is that I had noticed on a cold morning that one of the rear tailpipes emitted a lot more condensation cloud than the other. I also had a very "rattley" exhaust after the cats were refitted but that went away after a few weeks. I had also noticed that the car seemed slower at the top end and felt asthmatic to say the least.

Anyway, fortunatel whilst on my back today changing the cats back to bypass pipes in an effort to rejuvanate the performance again I noticed a big ceramic bung in one of the rear exhast pipe sections. As you can see from the picture the "bung" of old cat material has wedged itself just before the small bend and once liberated from the car was almost exactly the same size as the inside diameter was in fact the honeycomb turned sideways

Needless to say lots happy smiling faces once on my 60 mile test drive!!

cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

We often get cars in with low performance and find that as the cause. They break up due to quick cooling, ie driving thro deep water when roads are flooded.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

been there done that lol

Comment

I'm glad my Kitty is 1991 and permanently runs de-cat!

I was looking at the pipes when TK was on a lift on Friday, I know some of the guys have rearranged their systems from the split back - anyone who has done this got any feedback? I'd really like to do away with the awful up-and-over at the rear end, and the equally awful turn-right-turn-left muffling and exit behind the bumper...

__MDC__
                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

The steam out of one tail pipe is strange as the system goes from 1 to 2 back to 1 again and goes over the rear driveshaft in one pipe. So it should come out of both evenly even with one blocked pipe in the twin section.
                  Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

thats what i was thinking
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I will have to have another look but I am sure mine is twin all the way back, but I would not swear on it....

Will check later.....
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Changing the subject, i might drive to your place soon to get my paintwork as spanking as yours. Give you a fiver??
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

A fiver a minute? You're on!
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

I wrote about a friend's unhappy RS2 a while ago.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=zenrs2

His car pulled well until 4500 rpm and then felt if it was being choked. I eventually got him to remove the cats - even got him to get a proper exhaust as well (76mm DP and 76 to the first box and then 63 to the back - he didn't want too much noise). All of a sudden the car runs like a RS2 should! If your car feels like it is running out of steam at high revs - check your cats!

Am I glad we live in South Africa where cats are not (yet) compulsory
                            1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
                            2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
                            2006 Misano Red RS4
                            2004 VW Touareg V8
                            2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
                            2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

Working...
                            X