Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash

I've just froze my butt off fitting these....

Please note the time of day and the rather negative temperature!

Please also note that I now claim to have the S2 with the lowest mileage (ie 1)

OK, so I've just fitted a new speedo as well as the aluminium dial rings. I've got more of them to go around the three other dials, but they don't seem to be a particularly good fit. I may have to take them out to see if I can make them fit a bit better.
    ex '93 Avant owner

very nice.

How easy is it fitting those?

Seen the rings advertised on ebay alot lately.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

hello , where did you buy this ? because I interesting by .....very nice !!!
      God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
      It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

U can get them here

Ebay auction for dash bits
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

sidspud, I dig the rings...updates the look of the cluster a bit, adds a bit of class....
          Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
          Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

I bought them off eBay from Germany. Bought the 4 main guage rings and also the three auxilliary guage rings as well. Got them shipped together to save on postage.

They are very easy to fit. You have to take the instrument cluster out, but that takes about 5 minutes (on my non-airbag car) and another 5 minutes to fit it back in.

The fiddly bit is taking the instument cluster to bits. Its not difficult, but you end up with a lot of screws lying around the place. Once you get the clocks off you simply glue the rings onto the casing. I used bog-standard superglue. The hardest part is getting the two big rings in as the hole is smaller than the ring. Just keep pushing! Sounds harsh, but the rings flex slightly as does the plastic so it will slip through. You then have to apply the superglue to the ring once it is inside the housing. I managed to do this twice without getting any on my fingers or on the clear perpex.

Easy peasy.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
            X