Leather+seat heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porkkis

Perhaps Richard or someone could manage a "group buy for used items". He could probably find dozens of seat heating harnesses at www.bildelsbasen.se
    Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. I will have a look around. I use Bildelsbasen a bit. The prices vary crazily depending on how desperate the guy thinks you sound.

Give me a ballpark figure on a price range. I will have a sniff around.

Comment

I'm not really sure what new prices are. I guess 200-250 Euros for the looms & relays would be reasonable ?
      Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Make sure that the price includes the switches. I believe that they are quite expensive if you get them new from Audi.
        ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

don't know if this helps - but I found these guys advertising in Land rover owner and immediately thought of you pansies with cold arses:

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/heatedseats.htm

Comment

I have made an initial search using the sorting keys available and pulled up ZIP!!

I think I will have to try and mail them specific requests for the loom. Porkkis can you send my you picture of the loom so that I can show them what I mean. One picture will save writing a detailed spec.

Comment

Alistair's suggestion using the kit from Exmoor Trim would probably work out cheaper. The kit includes wiring & as the switches in the kit are just on/off I guess no relays are required ? Anybody know if the Audi rotary switches would work ?
              Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

How about a Volvo seat, they're hot!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/x-ray/all...carseats.shtml

D.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. The element burned through the seat on my old Volvo 850 aswell! Bloody painful - it felt like a bee or wasp sting
                  Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

I was going to try to adapt a set of Vulva seat heaters to the coupe, I don't think I will try now....

David

Comment

Working...
                    X