Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 2.0 E Coupe interior into my 1991 S2 coupe

Evening all,

I am just in the process of fitting a 1994 2.0 E Coupe interior into my 1991 S2 coupe. I thought it would all swap straight over but one thing I have just found is the rear folding seat pivoting corner brackets appear to be slightly different. I've attached a picture. Has anybody come across this before? I'm guessing I can just swap the brackets over from an S2 interior. I had the original rear seats but binned them as they were in such bad condition.

If anyone has the rear seats from an S2 or even just the brackets for sale please let me know. image_68987.jpg

Many thanks,

Phil

Interesting, I had never noticed this before. Judging by the catalog, there is a difference between Quattro and FWD mounts. So any mounts from a Coupe Quattro (except '96 model) should fit. Then again, this barely makes them easier to find.
    1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

when I put an ABY rear bench into my 3B, I had the same problem and had to use the 3B bracketing...
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Klobsters
        Whats different at the '96 modell?
        '95 Audi S2 Avant
        '92 Audi Coupe T89 quattro 2.3E

Comment

Thanks for the reply's chaps, much appreciated. So they obviously changed slightly then from 3B to ABY. So I need to find a set from a 1991/92 car then I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by shorty_94 View Post
            Klobsters
            Whats different at the '96 modell?
            The catalog shows that '96 model uses the same mounts as FWD. It might be a mistake though.
            There is no other differentiation among other model year Quattros though. So I have no idea how a 3B and ABY could use different mounts (apart from the mentioned MY96).

1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

I am in the future moving the leather interior from a 1990 coupe quattro to a FWD 1994 coupe. Picture shows the 1990 coupe bracket. So will i have the opposite problem? Pivot point looks to be in a different place. So will the mating pivot need to be changed as well?
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi K6kid,

please let me know if you want to swap brackets if it would benefit the both of us.

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

Working...
                X