Flocking the dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flocking the dash

Anyone flock a dashboard before? as mines got hair line cracks on top. I thought it would be best and cheapest way to repair it. Plus it’s been chopped to fit round a rollcage

I've had mine done. Certainly covers any imperfections and cuts down the reflection of the top of the dash on the front screen.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Forgot to say yes that’s why motorsports do it as well to stop the glare from dash because of the sun. Is the flock material hard wearing and does it flake of quite easily? Steveh only asking because I wouldn’t mind getting another dash made in future with less curves and bends like oem as it’s a bit heavy for my liking.

Comment

If the surface is prepared correctly it's hard wearing. The dash is likely to have had silicone spray on it at some time, so this needs to be removed before flocking. If done correctly it's a nice finish and lasts well. Certainly shouldn't flake off with normal use.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Ok thanks for tip steveh will make sure that I use plenty of panel wipe before glue then

Comment

Working...
          X