Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Heated seats ??

Hi guys,
    Winter is here and missing heated seats in the RS2. Been reading the previous posts and noted that sometimes, the seats have the pads fitted but not the loom. Had a dig around and found a cable at the back left, going from the seat base up to the seat back.. as there is nothing electric in the seat back (except heating ?) so am I lucky ? Have taken the picture below... I also found a sticker on the underside of the seat, perhaps this is a clue ??? I could not see a connector on the underside of the seat, where would it be ???
    appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks
    paul
    Attached Files

If the seats are heated, they'll have a green plug underneath

Comment

Let me know how you get on as mine are the same. I think maybe the wire is for a sensor to tell if the seat is occupied so the airbag knows? I had cloth heated seats and as stated above there was a green plug underneath.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Guys... I could only see a brown plug underneath, would there be two ? anybody know where the green plug would be ?

Comment

The brown plug is for the seat electrics. On heated seats its the same size and right next to it. I would be interested to know if they fitted the heater pads though on the non heated seats. I guess the only wat to check would be to remove the leather cover and have a look?
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
            I think maybe the wire is for a sensor to tell if the seat is occupied so the airbag knows?
            You could check the resistance between the 2 wires, if there's a resistance reading then it's a heating element otherwise a switch would be either open or closed circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X