Seat runners measurements.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat runners measurements.

I'm looking to get a frame made up for the mounting of bucket seats into the avant. I'd like it to fit straight into the original rails with no new holes required. So I was wondering if anyone had accurate measurements of the rails specifically to the centre slide mount?

Something like this is the aim: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114216064475?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

I picked up an old pair of seats and cut the bases off. Welded the mounts onto these for my Recarro's and job done. Cheap and easy to do. You also get the benefit of the standard front to rear adjustment.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have a spare set of Avant seats you can have. You will have to collect mind
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks guys and cheers Dave, I'll let you know what I decide. I do actually have a single seat from a cabriolet I stripped. God knows why I only kept the one...

Will definitely look into this option. Was thinking something like the above would be a bit more rigid and the seats would sit a little lower which would be ideal for helmets.

Comment

I have some old seat bases in the shed to fit a matching recaro i mine but haven't managed to do with other priorities. I've just been out to measure it up. 21" between outer seat rails. I measured to centre slide 303mm, but I only had one pair of hands so couldn't guarantee this is completely accurate tonight as I had to hold a straight edge to get the measurement.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

that is looking down at the bottom of seat measured from left side to centre
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks Greg, that's a great help.
              Last edited by Colesy; 8 June 2020, 21:38.

Comment

Working...
              X