Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot tool storage in coupe

Hi guys,

Inspired by jbrentd 's post over here: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...07#post2098707

I went on the hunt for something it feels like my coupe has been missing since I owned it, the black polystyrene looking thing under the boot flap:

229720a814681d41f3a1e5169dc064e4.jpeg

I have long suspected this was missing, but never seen a photo of a coupe boot confirm. I guess it is possible it was a US-spec only in which case I can be ignored, but am interested to find out if it is a normal factory item. I have been aware of it in the various online parts catalogues for a long time, you can see it here, marked as number 5:

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 08.54.21.jpg

Whilst it is in the parts catalogue, there is no part number associated with it, so it is tricky to track down.

It makes perfect sense that there is something missing as the carpet has never really fitted quite right in that area.

So... I guess two questions, is it a factory item that is readily available in the UK/EU? Does anyone have one they are willing to give up for beer tokens?

Much appreciated as always

Peter.

​​​​​

I have never seen one of these in the UK. Anyone else?
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      I have never seen one of these in the UK. Anyone else?
      So do we all put up with the deformed collapsing flap that disappears into the cavity below whenever something heavy-ish is put on it?

Comment

I don't believe that photo shows a factory fitted storage box. The other thing that isn't right is that trim item number 3 is missing.

Comment

According to jbrentd , it is factory: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...71#post2100971

Agreed the carpet looks like it is missing, or perhaps just covered by the box.

Comment

It should come up over the top of the tank and be glued to it so it's either missing or been cut back.

Comment

Ah yes, that stuff, black, not the normal carpet coloured, I expect the heavily modified car that is shown there has had all manner of stuff done to it.

If you have a coupe, look in the boot, you will see a couple of dimples in the carpet up against the rear valance (you can also see them in the diagram above) this is part of what holds the 'tool tray' in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                I guess it is possible it was a US-spec only.​​​​​
                As far as I know, that's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post

As far as I know, that's correct.
                  If so, what a weird decision....

I'd love to have something in there to stop the flap from falling through all the time, perhaps it is something I will work on when the car is all back together.

If any of the US chaps on here has one, and can reasonably ship it to the UK, I may be interested, dependant on cost

Comment

I could look potentially look at getting designing something to be made up in CNC routered foam if anyone is interested??? Group buy?
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

If we can't get one over here, a generous member from the states with a 3D scanner would be a handy thing

I'd certainly have one, mainly to stop the flap collapsing all the time!

Comment

Working...
                      X