Boot trim panel won't come off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot trim panel won't come off

Hi I'm trying to remove the black panel under where the boot lid sits to clean all of the muck out .
    I've undone undine the 4 screws on top .
    2 ,8mm nuts under the rear panel in the boot .
    And taken the reg plate off and removed the 2 screws behind that and still the middle of it feels solid, any help would be great .
    My red reg plate panel is full of water aswell
    Attached Files

You have to remove the Center number plate section and there are 2 pozidrive screws behind it

Comment

Originally posted by simons2 View Post
      You have to remove the Center number plate section and there are 2 pozidrive screws behind it
      Yes I've removed those but it's still solid .

Comment

I ideally want to remove both bits marked up
        Attached Files

Comment

To remove the piece that you called 'the red reg plate bit', remove the screws behind it then it'll come away. I don't think I will just come off though, IIRC it's stuck with dum-dum, same as the lights are.

Once that's off, you'll see why you can't currently get the black edge trim off.

Comment

Originally posted by jp_paul View Post
            To remove the piece that you called 'the red reg plate bit', remove the screws behind it then it'll come away. I don't think I will just come off though, IIRC it's stuck with dum-dum, same as the lights are.

Once that's off, you'll see why you can't currently get the black edge trim off.
            Sorted mate it was the dum gum holding it , all clean now
            Attached Files

Comment

I learnt the hard way many years ago when I was in the same boat, couldn't get it off, hadn't removed the mid section reflector, used more persuasion that I should've, broke it into 3 pieces and so had to find another. Glad you didn't do the same
              Your retaining screws look at least as rotten as mine were too - luckily they came out without stripping the heads otherwise I would've had another headache. I had already had enough of one with the repair I was doing under the NS of the edge trim piece; back panel to rear quarter seam had split from a previous owner's prang with a post to the back end - some backstreet bodyshop had obviously done a friday pm repair so rot was setting in and I was getting water in the boot, dribbling through the crack and down the rear light clusters, right over the connector block, so the light's PCB was also rotting

Comment

Working...
              X