Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 falling apart literally, help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 falling apart literally, help needed.

Hi,

A few years back a broken spring fall into the drivers footwell, I found out it was one of the return spring for the clutch pedal and replace it with a valve spring from a Rover 214i (same section, same lenght, same strength).

Today I noticed a click sound, coming from the footwell and on inspection while driving it felt like the gas pedal was sloppy on all directions but nothing more, after stopping and visual inspect the footwell I found this part hanging in the gas pedal between the rubber were you press and the arm of the pedal!!!

It dosen´t apear to be broken and doesn´t have a part nº visible. Anyone knows what it is and where does it belong?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by psiconauta911; 25 March 2022, 19:22.

It looks to be nº 13 but in the description it is only for the 6A and ACE motors
    13 893 721 871 weight accelerator cable lhd 1 6A,ACE

Comment

It's also listed for ABY.

Comment

It was there so it belongs , have to find during daytime if I can put it back.

Thank you.

Comment

It's on both my 12v and 20v, not exactly the same version (haven't seen your plastic-coated version before). When installed properly I think it is held in place by the compression of the cable's captive spring and that end clip in a detent (see photo) so it can't just fall off. As the description is "Weight", is it simply to add mass (and therefore add "feel") to the throttle? Or does it have a safety function?

Throttle cable, pedal end Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.32.55.png

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
            It's on both my 12v and 20v, not exactly the same version (haven't seen your plastic-coated version before). When installed properly I think it is held in place by the compression of the cable's captive spring and that end clip in a detent (see photo) so it can't just fall off. As the description is "Weight", is it simply to add mass (and therefore add "feel") to the throttle? Or does it have a safety function?

Throttle cable, pedal end Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.32.55.png
            I´ve looked at it and it is almost impossible to get it back on, hope it is only feel I´ll loose because it still works as normal and I wasn´t able to mount it back.

Comment

Working...
            X