RS2 Aux Gauges (3x) in a 3B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80Quattro View Post
    1 - Variable positive from brightness control for dash panel insert lighting to amplifier for additional instrument lighting
    2 - Negative from oil pressure gauge sensor
    3 - Negative for additional instrument lighting, oil temperature gauge and voltmeter
    4 - Positive for light switch to amplifier for additional instrument lighting
    5 - Negative from oil temperature gauge sensor
    6 - Positive (terminal 15)

Matt

VICTORY!!

They are plugged in.. and they are.. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice <:

Erixon has got some pics in his camera.. i dont.. but i can tell you that (A) the amplifier from the 3B loom is NOT required as it is built-in into the RS2 Aux Gauge PCB! and furthermore (B) you need all the cables/connections previously used by the 3B loom!

the cables should be connected accordingly to the diagramme supplied by Matt and the cables correspond to the pins as follows:

1 - grey/blue (2x, spliced together JUST AS THE 3B LOOM!)
    2 - white/blue
    3 - brown
    4 - grey/brown
    5 - black/green
    6 - black/blue

(the red/blue wire that is also in the mix is for the cigarette-lighter and the signalcables from the two sensors, oil temp/pressure, comes from a separate 2-pin set of cables)

edit; this info is accurate: "what you would need is the male plug (893 971 833) and 3 repair wires (000 979 133)" and I'd also like to thank Tony, Per and Sören for helping me!, at the same time as this was done we also hooked up light for the "VDO cockpit white"-boost gauge! + red-light filter (which is seriously nice!), Thanks guys! gonna post pics as soon as possible.

//Cheers Andreas
    Andreas Lundstroem
    A4 STCC Avant -04
    Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
    Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Good to see you got them working. Sorry I got the information about the amplifier wrong, I didn't think about it being built into the gauges.

Matt
      92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
      98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
      63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
      69 Austin Mini Cooper
      71 MGB GT
      75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
      04 Kawasaki GPX250
      96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Originally posted by 80Quattro View Post
        Good to see you got them working. Sorry I got the information about the amplifier wrong, I didn't think about it being built into the gauges.

Matt
        Hehe, no worries m8 <; guess it would be kinda hard to imagine without the actual piece in front of yourself <; THX for your help dude, without it I wouldn't have gotten it done so fast! and THX to jas11n as well!

//Cheers Andreas
        Andreas Lundstroem
        A4 STCC Avant -04
        Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
        Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Ohh so you managed to finish the job yesterday.. Good
          2004 9-5 aero
          2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
          1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
          3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Originally posted by prosty View Post
            Ohh so you managed to finish the job yesterday.. Good
            was there ever any doubt?
            Andreas Lundstroem
            A4 STCC Avant -04
            Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
            Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Well.. this day has been really.. ****** up..

I've been expecting some parcels for some time now.. an RS2 turbo from Jaap here at the forum (paid and shipped), a complete leather interior...

(the front seats are needless to say.. NOT wanted, as I have those babies <; just a nice surprise for Erixon and silverspiken) and a RS2 airbox...

Today I got word that the RS2 airbox had arrived.. yay! I went down to the delivery outlet whatever and showed the parcel-id to the clerk.. he went away to get it.. he comes back with 2 parcels.. I went like "okay.. you are certified?" he's like "no no, they are both yours", keep in mind.. both parcels where of identical size.. im like "okay dude <;"

The leather interior was directly, well.., discarded from mind.. and Jaap's RS2 turbo is being shipped from the Netherlands by TNT.. (not 'bussgods' where I was at the time).. to this story the angle is that I spoke to a bloke about an RS2 turbo + S2 em (the em NOT needed as I bought a, brand new, RS2 em from Sweeper here at the forum), anyways.. me and this other guy never spoked about the price.. we didnt get that far as he stopped answering me emails after I gave him my adress, I simply thought he didnt want to ship it so far within Sweden (although Jaap ships his from must further away..)

BUT THIS OTHER GUY JUST SHIPPED IT, AND, KNOCKED OFF 500SEK from the initial price (which was fine by me as im needy as the m*ther*******), L-O-L?

Now im sitting here with 2 RS2 turbos(?!) which actually worked out great since Erixons seems to in less good condition than this other guy's.. and i think Jaap's will beat them all so that one is.. mine.. f*ck you Erixon <; Well, what do you say Jaap, does yours look better than this one?

To all of this.. I just wanna add that i've now owned, well, 3x RS2 turbos.. the first one for just some weeks as it got STOLEN........... that one I bought also via Sweeper, and it was bloody well MINT........... I just wanna beat the **** outta the ****er that stole it...

well well, all is well that ends well <: //Cheers Andreas, ps. plz lend me your camera Erixon <;
              Last edited by Andreas; 8 March 2007, 18:32.
              Andreas Lundstroem
              A4 STCC Avant -04
              Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
              Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Andreas,

looks like i have a different set, I have the RS2 gauges and want to go to the original 3B loom after ABY engine loom change

My gauges plug into the 3B loom fine i have

1 - grey/blue (2x, spliced together JUST AS THE 3B LOOM!) not sure about this though?
                2 - white/blue
                3 - brown
                4 - grey/brown
                5 - black/green
                6 - black/blue

but now, where do theres wires go to they are on a two pin connector?

Blue/white
                Green/black
                Chef

Comment

This is the black two pin connection

Any help would be great
                  Chef

Comment

Green and black = oil temp
                    blue and white = oil pressure

now where does the ABY take the signal from?
                    Chef

Comment

hi i also want to mount aby clocks in 3b, but i can't get them to work well in my installation I do not have the green and black cable does anyone have a picture of how he did it? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X