Door card removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door card removal

Can anyone tell me how to remove the interior front door card from an avant?
    I need to know what type of bolt/screws hold the inside handle in place .

Thanks

There are three hex head cap screws in three holes along the length of the arm.
    I am not sure what size (3mm maybe), but use ball end to make the job tremdously easier.
    When you put the wrench in the hole you can easily miss the bolt. Just take your time and feel around. You will find it.
    The bolts do not need to be removed all the way, they are just clamps so just back them off good.
    Pull the door handle like you are opening hte door and there is a screw back there to take the cover off. After that, pop off the snaps around the side and bottom and lift off. The top is hooked onto the frame.

Good luck.
    Dave K.
    USA
    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
    2001 S4

Comment

Cheers Dave, looks like an extra long set of hex keys are needed for the avant.
      Didnt have this problem on my coupe

Comment

On my 1990 quattro they are torx screws, possibly T25. I chopped down the handle so that it would fit inside the door pockets. Must check.

David

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
          Cheers Dave, looks like an extra long set of hex keys are needed for the avant.
          Didnt have this problem on my coupe
          Ah, sorry, I saw "door card" and ignored "avant". Hopefully they are the same set up as the Coupe.
          Dave K.
          USA
          1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
          2001 S4

Comment

Working...
          X