Fitting ABY/ADU seats to a 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting ABY/ADU seats to a 3B

Been looking at fitting RS2 recaros into my coupe but i have found no positive way of fitting the pasanger side seat in, It looks as like the seat rail designed changed when it came to the ABY/RS2. And sugestions of bending things are always dodgy

These links i have read

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=recaros

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2718

Is there any one that can expand on this a little more please or know a possible solution

Cheers James
    Chef

I have done this swap, its a lot of work! the seat adjuster pin is on the wrong side and of a different diameter

There is no simple way to swap the seat height/ mounting parts as the seats are welded in manufacture all you can do is pull all the pins/clips, remove the big springs then bend the front hindge pins over the bar... you'll need a couple of people to help as they can leaver the brackets then use molegrips to bend them back after apart its a real ball ache of a job and theres no way round... sorry

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      I have done this swap, its a lot of work! the seat adjuster pin is on the wrong side and of a different diameter

There is no simple way to swap the seat height/ mounting parts as the seats are welded in manufacture all you can do is pull all the pins/clips, remove the big springs then bend the front hindge pins over the bar... you'll need a couple of people to help as they can leaver the brackets then use molegrips to bend them back after apart its a real ball ache of a job and theres no way round... sorry

Jay
      Cheers Jay,

Sounds like a right PITA
      Chef

Comment

James, you can swap seat bases from your originals to your new seats. It's not that difficult, it just takes a bit of time to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
          James, you can swap seat bases from your originals to your new seats. It's not that difficult, it just takes a bit of time to do.
          Thats what i was thinking but its not a option

Cheers for the imput guys
          Chef

Comment

Dont panic James it will all work out one way or the other check pms
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Send again Mr Alan
              Chef

Comment

James, Double sent again (just to make sure)
                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Working...
                X