Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaros and B4 consoles

Hello all.

I got this set of recaros for a funny price, and i need to know if the mounting holes are the common ones (default ones), that i will be able to fit the audi B4 mounting consoles on. They came out of a ford. I also need to know if there are recaro consoles with height adjustment. The ford consoles were without height adjustment.

Tnx!
    Audi Quattro WR

Yeah they are the standard consoles, I am trying at the mo to get a pair of consoles from Germany (eday-de, 198 euros)

Jay

Comment

198€ a pair?!?!?!?
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

yep and thats the cheepest I could find, if you find cheeper let me know

Jay

Comment

can u give me the link to the auction or company that sells them? the price is mad btw. do they have height adjustment?
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

nice buy, i'm lurking in the shadows to bag a set of recaros and some runners for the coupe...
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The item number is 260117091394 on ebay de, his 'shop' is LENA´S-SHOP, his email is icifci@web.de

Hope that helps, its all in German but he is helpful

Jay

Comment

I have justed fitted a pair of OEM Recaro seats that were originally fitted to a Seirra Cosworth and have a couple of points that may be worth noting:

- The Recaro subframes for the S2 do have basic height adjustment but you need to unbolt the runners and re-fit in a new position.

- The subframes DO NOT fit the OEM Ford Sierra seats. They are dimensionally incompatible both front to back and side to side.

- I am over 6 ft tall and ended up machining new mounting bracket which I then had to weld to each subframe to get each seat in the correct position. I did not use the height adjustable brackets supplied with each subframe as these positioned the drivers seat too high.

- The bolt holes on the Recaro subframe runners are (approx) 405mm apart side to side and 297mm front to back.

All in all it was worth the effort but just thought that I should mention this just in case you were expecting it to all bolt up out of the box.

Comment

Very helpfull, thank you very much!
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Well since i am very very poor, and cant afford wasting 200€ for a pair of recaro consoles (would buy the promounts for that!) i made the drivers seat console by myself.

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by mark_s2 View Post
                      The Recaro subframes for the S2 do have basic height adjustment but you need to unbolt the runners and re-fit in a new position.
                      Does this mean that I can lower the hieght of my RS2 recaros? As I am 6'2" and just fit, but when not when wearing a race helmet.

Cheers n

Si
                      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                        (would buy the promounts for that!)
                        Good man

I like the fact you are happy to make something so you can buy something from us
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

someday man, you will be sending a pair to ****in slovenia, i swear it.
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                              someday man, you will be sending a pair to ****in slovenia, i swear it.
                              Language Timothy
                              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Working...
                              X