Standard Seats vs. Recaro Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Seats vs. Recaro Speed

Just fitted the standard leather armchair back into the S2 after a month with the Recaro Speed in there for the 'ring and Combe. Reason for this is that I don't want to wear out my shiney new seat and the leather is a little less obvious as it doesn't have RECARO in big prit (admittedly subtly blue) on the head reast!

My conclusion:- the standard S2 seats are a complete joke . There's no support, no feel through your bum and you roll around like Vanessa Feltz on a bouncy castle! I think the Recaro is going back in, only problem with that is that I end up driving eveywhere like a complete nut case, every day is like a lap of the 'ring! Oh, and you can't see the outside temp. display as you sit so low

Moral of the story, get rid of the armchairs and fit some seats worthy of receiving your ****! Then, enjoy driving even more
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
    My conclusion:- the standard S2 seats are a complete joke

Hi Andy,

As mentioned at the ring when I sat in the Recaro, it's a great seat but personally, I've never had a problem with the standard S2 seats and even though they don't look like they're up to it, I've never been able to fault them on the Ring....
    I do probably use the foot rest more to peg me into the seat than you do though remembering that passenger lap I did with you.
    Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

i've never really liked leather in a seat TBH - you slide all over the shop... much prefer fabric, or even better, alcantara

Don't know if i could cope being that low, i'm only 5'8"
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlueS2 View Post
        ...I do probably use the foot rest more to peg me into the seat than you do though remembering that passenger lap I did with you.
        My 'ring knowledge has moved on a LONG way since then. Will take you for a lap next time we're both there. This time I was a lot more comfortable with the blind corners, much smoother as I knew where to go and where to be on the track thanks to some full pelt laps in July, overall I was much more confident

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        i've never really liked leather in a seat TBH - you slide all over the shop... much prefer fabric, or even better, alcantara

Don't know if i could cope being that low, i'm only 5'8"
        3 height positions on the Recaro subframe so no problems there. The seat allows me to wear a helmet now in the car without hitting the roof, simple pleasures! Seat is in standard Recaro black velour so no moving around at all.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

yep got to say that seat pegs you in nicely.....i'm going the rs2 type Recaro route and i think alcantera will be the way i'll go and somehow work in the quattro script somehow to maintain the oem look
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Was it a straight fit Andy? I still need some seats and at the moment I'm heading toward te Corbeau Boss that's been suggested to me, but I've not been given many options to be honest.
            1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
            2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
            1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

what about the weight of the seats ? i think the oem seats are very heavy
              i got the RS2 Recaro,s in my car great seat {one of the best i know} but very heavy too
              i,m looking for Recaro,s A8 or something like that saw a Porsche seat that will save me lots of weight. i think only lighter seats and a Carbon hood can save you more than 55kg
              how many HP is that
              RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Working...
              X