Are these seats heated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these seats heated?

I have a black leather interior from a 3b. Each front seat has a large green connector with 6 blade terminals. Is this for the heating elements?
    '93 S2 Coupe

must be if its not an eletric seat.. unless you have the massage seats ( spinemelter 2000 edition.) even the eletric seats just have a positive and negative going to them to power the motors.. so six on a green plug must be for the different voltage. maybe.. ( different heats..) an yeah ive been on the look out for the wiring and switches for a while now with no luck ..

Comment

Yeah, found this connector pic for heated seats which matches my connectors.

Next question - How can I check the elements are still working ok? I plan to sell the whole interior and just want to make sure everything is working as it should....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by waad_uk; 5 November 2007, 23:41.
      '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

iirc there is a guide somewhere on here of how to test the elements with a multi meter via that plug. I tested mine a couple of years ago and they where both shot..

Good luck
        91 S2 coupé - RIP
        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

AFAIK you just need to check you have a circuit, two of the wires are for the temp sensor which will just show resistance, the heater part on each heater is wired in series so if you have a complete circuit they should work fine.
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
          X