Avant rear seat removal - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant rear seat removal - how?

I've managed to remove the seat bases and loads of trim etc, but I can't seem to find out how to remove the seat backs. Anyone got any ideas?
    1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
    2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
    1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
    I've managed to remove the seat bases and loads of trim etc, but I can't seem to find out how to remove the seat backs. Anyone got any ideas?
    If you put the seat backs into the flat position ( as if you were carrying a load) you can see the bracket located in between both seat backs which holds them both to the car and together.

it has four bolts of approx 6-8mm if i remember (hex head ) and once the bracket is removed the seats can be lifted inward from the doors to release them from the locating pins. hope that helps.

Comment

Good man, I'll go and have a look at that. Cheers!

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Those bolts were a real pain to get out, but the seats are out now. Cheers again!

Comment

I'm just going to update this old thread to save starting a new one. It is possible to remove the rear backrest part of the rear seats as above, but there is a much easier way and you wont damage your cloth/leather trying to undo those bolts which are actually behind the seat!

Fold one part of the backrest down flat and have one part upright. On the inside edge of each seat back there is a black plastic cover. Lift the upper edge of the cover slightly and push up hard from the bottom. This cover will now slide up and off the edge of the seat, revealing two Philips screws. Once these are removed, the seat comes away from the hinge and can be pulled away from the pivot peg on the outside edge. The other side can be removed in the same way. The most difficult part of this job is getting the plastic cover off without damaging it as they do become hard and brittle with time. I soaked mine in plasticiser and warmed it up with the hairdryer to make this easier.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The hidden screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Nice update Dave.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Those screws can be nasty to get out, I'm sure they have thread lock on.

Comment

Working...
                X