Interior trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior trims

I take it that the most popular interior trim that was available when the s2 came out was the wood trim? Can they be easily changed? Im not to keen on my fake pierced leather trim!
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Beetie the options were:
    Zebrane horrible African stripey wood ( i've got it!) in the Coupe Quattro 20V not sure about the S2
    lovely, lovely walnut ( what I want)
    Perforated Leather
    Carbon fibre.

Comment

Does the old wood trim have a lacquer over it? I was thinking of getting an old set of wood trims and getting them sprayed and lacquered to a mirror black (that or alcantara - but that means trimming the rest to f the car). Is it wood or wood effect?

Just wasn't sure if I could get a good finish on the wood - I have the lacquered walnut - I'm not keen on that though - so will be getting rid of it when I sort out what I am going to do.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Funny enough i want the walnut inlays, as i dont think the look of the perforated leather is very good anymore. It looked ok when i brought it but after seeing everybodys walnut dashes...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          Does the old wood trim have a lacquer over it? I was thinking of getting an old set of wood trims and getting them sprayed and lacquered to a mirror black (that or alcantara - but that means trimming the rest to f the car). Is it wood or wood effect?

Just wasn't sure if I could get a good finish on the wood - I have the lacquered walnut - I'm not keen on that though - so will be getting rid of it when I sort out what I am going to do.
          It is real wood which is about .5mm to 1mm thick. it is stuck in place and then laquered to make it look OK and protect it.

It's Beetie's thread but if you want Doug I will swap my spare set and give you some money as well to help the painting.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
            It's Beetie's thread but if you want Doug I will swap my spare set and give you some money as well to help the painting.
            Tempting - I think I would like to see what sort of finish I could get on the wood before swapping - I might hate it! I'll get in touch if I decide to do this.

Comment

Dont worry about whos threads whos mate! Ill just rob one of your another time!

Comment

Originally posted by Beetie
                At least I know I'm in the wrong, it comes from living in a household dominated by women.

David

Comment

Put some zips on that leather trim - that will make it look better

Comment

Wasn't carbon standard on later cars with walnut available as an optional extra ? Not sure why anybody would want to pay extra for walnut ilo carbon though ? IMHO carbon looks best with the darker interiors. Walnut looks nice with the cream leather though.
                    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Meow! Itll be handbags at 5 paces at GTI!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                        Tempting - I think I would like to see what sort of finish I could get on the wood before swapping - I might hate it! I'll get in touch if I decide to do this.
                        You are welcome to have a play with the trim if you want. If you let me know what finish you want I can have a chat with a mate who does the most amazing paint and see if he can do it!

I will take a photo of his car at the club social on Wednesday and post it, Amazing.....

Pink metalflake trim???

David

Comment

I've got long arms, don't know if they'll reach from Cheshire tho'

I suppose I must try to attend.

David

Comment

You'll need one of these, to match your trim then!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/i-global...a10pelela.html

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                              You'll need one of these, to match your trim then!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/i-global...a10pelela.html

David
                              Do they not do a wood finish one?

Comment

Working...
                              X