b3 platform audi carpets work in coupes:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 platform audi carpets work in coupes:

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but I did the the typical weekend junkyard run and pulled a bunch of parts including a b3 platform 90 front wheel drive black carpet for my coupe quattro. It works fine and just needs a couple of holes for the bar that the seat belt slide on.

nice to have options on rare cars.
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Ok thats good to know, i'm not sure if it will work with a 3b tho as its got what has been termed a brick underneath the carpet by the transmission tunnel as its alot wider than the aby one, possibly the same as a normal 20v tho?

Comment

my coupe is a "7a".. I suspect the 3b might be allright? Maybe not the aby? I'm not sure but as far as the "7a" is concerned is worked fine.
      I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Floor pan

The floor pan in the V6 USA models is similar to the 5 cylinder 20vt cars in europe. That is, they are designed for a dual catalytic convertor exhaust. :mischeif:
        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Only the 3B has the "brick" over here AFAIK
          My 7A certainly doesn't
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Only the 3B has the "brick" over here AFAIK
            My 7A certainly doesn't
            Not the ABY also? Or the RS2? Do these cars only run a single catalytic convertor?
            Learning something new everyday.
            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Just different shape cats I think.

Comment

my rs2 has dual catalytics,

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                  Not the ABY also? Or the RS2? Do these cars only run a single catalytic convertor?
                  Learning something new everyday.
                  Nope aby/rs2 don't have it, its just the 3b which is a pain when getting mats and also the fact when putting in the wiring for the rs2 recaro's its a bit more stretched going over to the passenger side.

Comment

Working...
                  X