Painting interior plastics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting interior plastics

I need to either paint the kick strip pictured bellow black or try and get one that is black. Has any one painted interior plastics from grey to black. Can you get a good finish and what paint would be best?
    Cheers
    Mike

Bumper and trim paint. comes in an can. Be sure to give it a good panel wiping session first!
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Sure you can paint it but the problem is...

the plastic trim has the color embedded in it when it's molded. In time the paint will peel off or get rubbed off from wear & tear. Here in the States "Krylon" has a new type of Plastic paint thats pretty good. I've used it on my wifes Volvo 850 bumper grills and so far it has gone through a pretty brutal winter with no peeling or fading. It has some sort of rubber flex feel to it. Hardly any sheen to it too.

Comment

Paint will rub off, particularly on floor mounted trims.

Sell them and buy some black ones. Acidburn should know where some are and failing that what about our famous scottish Audi breaker?

Do you have any other platic trim in grey as I need a pair of the Coupe rear trims that have the tweeters mounted in them

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

dammit Si you should have posted a wanted, i binned some not long ago
          good news is pretty muhc all the early fwd coupes had the grey ones mate
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            dammit Si you should have posted a wanted, i binned some not long ago
            good news is pretty muhc all the early fwd coupes had the grey ones mate
            I binned my ones too? Just shows its worth keeping every thing you takes off these cars

Comment

Interior paint, Anthracite

Hi Has anyone found an interior paint suitable for RS2 interior, Its an anthracite colour, all the ones I've tried are too light, As most of the interior trims are NLA we are going to have these problems more and more
              1995 RS2 Nogaro
              1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
              1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

I had some of my grey trims spayed black by a body shop and the paint scratched off and looked rubbish. i'd look for real black ones as i don't see painting them will last

Comment

hi

Some of the trims are actually painted from the factory, Sunroof trim which houses interior light, open switch is definately painted

I would buy new but not an option, I'm looking for the one which goes across roof next to tailgate, All the clips are broken off it

Paul
                  1995 RS2 Nogaro
                  1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                  1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Hi, my fwd coupe has a full black interior, inc headlining I'm in two minds as what to do with this car - sell it as is, has a running issue http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52013 (mot til sept but on a SORN at the mo) or break it for spares as there is a few bits I would fit to my S2 ??
                    Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                    VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                    VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                    Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Working...
                    X