Help from an Avant driver required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help from an Avant driver required

I acquired a carpet and have been putting the interior back in my car but I can't suss out where the seatbelts fix in at the top. Nor can I suss out how the seat locking pins at the top screw in - i.e. where do they connect to.

Can anyone help?
    1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
    2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
    1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Take it you mean the rear seats, the harnesses go thru the panels in the boot if thats what you mean and the locking pins screw in thru the bolsters at the side (the fixed one's)

If you want anymore info/pics give me a shout i'll see what i can do.

Comment

Yes mate the rears. If you could get a pic showing me exactly where the seatbelt roller lives that'd be great.. and I remember the locking pin going through the boot trim and the bolster but I can't see what it screws into.. unless I've lost some parts (although they were all in one box to keep everything together). I also need to suss out how to "unlock" the seatbelts as they appear to be stuck and they don't want to unwind.

It's quite nice to have what resembles a car again!

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

because I have not got the rear panels out atm I can't get a photo of inside of these, maybe matts2 can because I had the rear panels out the s2 he has been stripping.

Is this any use to you?

Comment

Seatbelts - try bolt them down then move them in and out with what bit of movement you have, they should un-click and start to move.

Best pic I could get of how the locking pin, seems they go thru the rear panel in the boot, its also reminded me i've got to pick up the side bolster so they match the rest of the interior been meaning to go pick it up for a while.

Any use to you

Comment

Legend! Thanks mate, will hopefully crack on and get it finished tomorrow. Thanks again, I owe you a beer.

Comment

If you need anymore info let me know

Comment

OK, I managed to get one of the seatbelts unlocked so happy days. I'm back to the seat locking pin though... what's on the other side of it? I mean what does it screw into? There's nothing on the body that I can see and I can't line up the panels as it'll be inaccessible. Help!!

Comment

If its like the coupe one's then it should be a metal disc sort of thing actually in the bodywork. Best person to pm about this is matt, as the panels are already gone out his car and waiting to go into mine. I'm not at a point yet to remove my panels as it will be the end of the week (once i've coloured them) that I will give it a go at fitting them, if you have no luck before then i'll get some pictures say thurs/fri when I remove my panels.

Comment

Working...
                  X