Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Interior Trim

Hi,

Is there any form of guides to removing the interior trim on the S2??

Is the Haynes guide for the Coupe in anyway shape or form applicable to the S2?

Basically i need to run another RCA cable for my sub woofer in the car and need access behind the dash and i may in the future need to mount a DAB ariel which again would require behind the dash access.

Hmm might try and contact Alistair C as well as he must have done it before.

In the meantime any suggestion greatfully received!! (No I.C.E no going to Billing!)

Haynes is ok for all types of coupe. the interior trim is remarkeably similar on all the models even Audi 80.
    The centre console out and the instrument nacelle out would allow a cable to be routed down the transmission tunnel. Back seat needs to be removed as well.

David

Comment

I ran cables to my boot area down the side of the car.
      Start by removing the piece of trim in the passenger footwell under the glove box. You can then remove the glovebox if access still isn't good enough. You'll be able to get a hand right up behind the radio.
      Run a cable along behind the glove box and from there down behind the trim just in front of the passenger door (1 screw to remove).
      Then just feed it under the sill trim (it just clips on and off) to the back of the car.
      I've done this for a power cable for my HIDs and also the data cable to my CD Changer. Neither are visible from inside the car and all the trim is where it should be. It only took about 15 minutes to run each cable.
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Cheers guys, i'll have some fun Sat or Sun having a pop

Comment

Working...
        X