S2 Coupe door cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Coupe door cards

During our little Manchester get together at the weekend, I noticed I was the only S2 Coupe with a leather interior which had the front door cards covered in cloth. I've now been told that the leather door cars may have been an option (i.e. a separate option to that of the seats). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I now feel like the poor relation of the family

Cheers

Mick
    '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
    S2QuattroMotorsport

Originally posted by 20vTurbo
    During our little Manchester get together at the weekend, I noticed I was the only S2 Coupe with a leather interior which had the front door cards covered in cloth. I've now been told that the leather door cars may have been an option (i.e. a separate option to that of the seats). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Cheers

Mick
    Mark I have never seen a car with a leather interior and cloth pads on the door cards. May I suggest you find the build numbers for your car. It is usually a sticker which is in the plastic bin in the rear of the coupe. there will be 30-50 3 digit numbers on it. on www.20v.org therr is a decoder. Check and see if your car had a leather interior originally.

HTH

David

Comment

Cheers

Mick
      I was under the impression is was vinyl? (I am not being deliberately pedantic )
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I noticed I was the only S2 Coupe with a leather interior which had the front door cards covered in cloth. I've now been told that the leather door cars may have been an option (i.e. a separate option to that of the seats). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Mick
        Hi Mick, I wouldn't have thought leather door cards would have been an option, you either order a cloth interior or a leather interior. I don't think you can mix and match. Best to check the PR codes here:

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...im_options.htm

It is most likely you had a cloth interior and a PO fitted leather seating.
        The leather door cards are indeed leather and not vynl as Fat Audi 80 suggests.

It would be far easier and possibly cheaper for you to have the cloth replaced with leather than trying to source a set. I may consider a swap with you if interested.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nuvo]
          It is most likely you had a cloth interior and a PO fitted leather seating.
          The leather door cards are indeed leather and not vynl as Fat Audi 80 suggests.

QUOTE]

That means I have LEATHER on my door cards too...
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X