Accelerator pedal removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator pedal removal

Is it possible to get just the rubberclad pedal off or do I have to remove the entire accelerator assembly?

No the rubber doesn't come off you have to replace the whole lot. It's only about £35 ish through Martyn @ Vagparts
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I don't mean the rubber. I mean the entire pedal. I want to get it off the assembly so that I can modify it and put it back on.

Edited: On second thought, I think you may be referring to the pedal as the "rubber part". In that case, I will have to rethink.
      Last edited by 91_S2; 10 July 2004, 11:54.

Comment

If you want to remove the entire pedal its a lot easier if you disconnect the throttle cable in the engine bay. You then just have to unhook the cable from the pedal, undo the clip where it all hinges and the whole pedal should come off.

The actual pedal (where your foot rests) is riveted on, but you could break it off. I'm guessing you're going for some lax power type aluminium look jobbies.
        ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud
          If you want to remove the entire pedal its a lot easier if you disconnect the throttle cable in the engine bay. You then just have to unhook the cable from the pedal, undo the clip where it all hinges and the whole pedal should come off.

The actual pedal (where your foot rests) is riveted on, but you could break it off. I'm guessing you're going for some lax power type aluminium look jobbies.
          Thanks most clever and helpful Dood.

Errrr. Yeah, I gotta admit I am going to mount an aluminium pedal but not really for the "flash factor". I heel-toe to get the rpms synched for a down shift. I cannot for the life of me reach the bloody accelerator pedal with my foot on the brake.

I would prefer to move the gas about 2 cm closer to the brake. But I think that is impossible. So I am going to make the accelerator pedal wider by bolting a wide alu pedal onto the existing pedal. If that works, I will look for a prettier solution.

Comment

Errrr. Yeah, I gotta admit I am going to mount an aluminium pedal
            LMAO, fair play if it makes it easier to drive harder then its worth doing
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Well, it's on there.

I agree Tom. I will accept a little ugly if it works

Comment

Working...
              X