X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Card Removal Guide

Hey Freaks!

My leather of the doors are ungluing! Than I decide to change it to a new leather but not black, now will be grey, like the carpets on ceiling. Than I will make new carpets grey too, and than I will put the Audi and S2 symbol on it.
    I think that will be fine!

So, today I go to garage, and start to unassemble the driver´s door. I have puted 3 screws off, but I am afraid to break some clip, or other kind of device that have there.

How can I unassembly?
    It´s clip? where are them???
    Any one can take a photo?

Thank´s
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jamo; 22 June 2006, 11:03. Reason: Tied up for sticky
    Rafael Pinto
    Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
    Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

The text is in swedish and the article describes how to change "lightbulb" in the electric window control. The pictures (and arrows) should give you a clue though.

Link ; http://nordicaudi.com/index.php?url=...a1258.php&var=

.arve

Comment

Ok, but I need to put all the internal door out, to give to the person who will change the leather.
      Maybe I´m not writing what I want in a good english...
      In other word, I need to see the window Up and Down machine! So, I need to put all the internal carpets out of there...

After put the 3 screws off from the place where you put your arm, and where is the comand of windows up and down, there will have some clips, to fix the main internal carpets at the structure of the door.
      I´m afraid to broke some one... So, I need the locations...
      Someone can help me?

Thanks,
      Rafael Pinto

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBullet
        Someone can help me? Thanks,
        Ok,,, coupe door card removal

Open door first. Pull interior door handle out(as though you are opening the door) and you will see a cross head screw at the hinge point of the handle. Undo and remove this screw. Remove the black frame from the handle by sliding it to the front, pulling it out and turning it round, you will see the catch release cable behind, take off clip and rotate handle around the hook.
        Now depending on model year (or what Audi had in the stores at the time ) you will need, either a cross head screwdriver or an allenkey (5mm I think). You need to now get down on your knees and look under the door handle (the one you pull door shut with) and you will see 2 small holes. Insert screwdriver/ allenkey up into the holes and fish around inside until you locate the 2 bolts. You do not have to remove these bolts/screws, just unloosen them and remove the front part of the handle (the rear stay's attached to the doorcard) The switch assembly will slide out, and then unplug it and push wiring through to the inside. Remove the 2 steel brackets( that the 2 bolts you loosened, clamped onto).
        You are now ready to remove the door card..
        DO NOT PULL IT OFF!!!!!!!! ,you will snap the clips that hold it on, you need to slide/push the door card UP the door (towards the window), and off the door.
        Sounds difficult, but it's not.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
          Sounds difficult, but it's not.
          Unless of course the allen keys just turn forever! Its an identical procedure in the Avants with the addition of another single screw on the edge of the door.

Rears on an Avant are even easier.
          One screw removes the trim around the pull handle. This should reveal two cross head screws. Remove these and the two small black screws on either edge of the door and the trim pulls up and away.
          I tend to unhook all the cables and wires once the door card is off. It means I don't have to unscrew the door lock handle.
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
            Ok,,, coupe door card removal

Now depending on model year (or what Audi had in the stores at the time ) you will need, either a cross head screwdriver or an allenkey (5mm I think). :
            My 1990 coupe quattro has a T25 torx for these screws

David
            Last edited by Stick Insect; 15 July 2004, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud
              Unless of course the allen keys just turn forever! Its an identical procedure in the Avants with the addition of another single screw on the edge of the door.
              Glad you mentioned that screw on the edge of the door Kenny, cos I forgot to

Originally posted by Stick Insect
              My 1990 coupe quattro has a T25 torx for these screws
              Must have had a few different companies supplying their stores Kan-Ban bins David
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Hey friends,

Thanks for all helps that you give-me!

I think that I am almost there!!!

under the door, I found a hole, but there is nothing there!
                The only hole that is there, is on the foto attched!

What can I do now?

All red circles I have put the screws off!
                What I´m forgoting?

Thanks!
                Attached Files
                Rafael Pinto

Comment

The hole that there is under the door!
                  Attached Files
                  Rafael Pinto

Comment

I think you have all the screws off. All you have to do now is pull the door card up. It will be really stiff, but it should go.
                    Keep a look out for little rubber bits that sit between the plastic lugs and the metal of the door. These stop it from rattling. If one or two are missing its no big deal, but if they all go missing, then you'r door will drive you nuts!
                    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

The hole underneath is a drain hole I think. Don't worry about it.
                      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBullet
                        Hey friends,

Thanks for all helps that you give-me!

I think that I am almost there!!!

under the door, I found a hole, but there is nothing there!
                        The only hole that is there, is on the foto attched!

What can I do now?

All red circles I have put the screws off!
                        What I´m forgoting?

Thanks!
                        Pull interior door handle out(as though you are opening the door) and you will see a cross head screw at the hinge point of the handle. Undo and remove this screw. Remove the black frame from the handle by sliding it to the front, pulling it out and turning it round, you will see the catch release cable behind, take off clip and rotate handle around the hook.

The door card should now just push up the door and off
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

OOPS, sorry Kenny, cross posted there. Just looks as though the interior handle is still on in the pic.
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Yeah!!!!

That´s it!!!!
                            Here is the internal card on my Bedroom!!!

My mother says that one day, when she goes to garage, she will not see the car, because all time that I go, I came back with some parts!!!!!!

Thank´s, it was so helpful!
                            I will put here some pic, when I change the leather for a gray one!

Reguards,
                            Rafael Pinto

Comment

Can't get one of the allen bolts back in (i stupidly unscrewed it the whole way) argh any tips? It's the one at the bottom of the handle (ie. not the ones on the handle that goes at an angle)
                              Last edited by dan_b; 25 June 2006, 11:28. Reason: extra text
                              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                              X