Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Removal.

Hi,

Cn anybody tell me how do you remove the switches above the car stereo?

My rear demister switch has been broken since i bought the car and i just picked one up from GSF and would like to fit it.

Anybody BTDT before?

Thanks

the front flicks off with flat blade screw driver, the switch is held in with to expanding spring clips so similar operation to take that out, but be careful not to crack the little square it fits in or they will all have to come out and you dont want to do that, 5 min job if goes well, ball ache if you have elephant hands like me

Comment

mine just popped out. if you take the stereo out can you push it out from the back as they have 2 'fingers' that hold them in place. HTH
      Simon.
      S.P.S. TUNING
      '93 ABY S2.... sold
      me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by sps-si
        mine just popped out. if you take the stereo out can you push it out from the back as they have 2 'fingers' that hold them in place. HTH
        GOD U MUST HAVE SMALL HANDS! or a double jointed wrist i couldne get ma hand round there!!

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing
          GOD U MUST HAVE SMALL HANDS! or a double jointed wrist i couldne get ma hand round there!!
          yeah... i think my mate refer to them as jap crap hands as its always me that has to get into the silly small spaces!
          very useful though!
          Simon.
          S.P.S. TUNING
          '93 ABY S2.... sold

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll resist the comments about your hands and small dark spaces! :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
              Thanks guys, i'll resist the comments about your hands and small dark spaces! :mischeif:
              oh come on! im so bored today!
              Simon.
              S.P.S. TUNING
              '93 ABY S2.... sold

Comment

Sorry mate, i'ev got to draw the line somewhere hehe

Was easier that i thought, i popped the Stereo out and theres a hole under every corresponding switch, just push your fingers in the hole and out it pops oo-er!

Comment

Working...
                X