After three years of suffering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After three years of suffering...

... with the most annoying noise coming from behind my ashtray I finally got round to pulling out the centre console (took a bit of head scratching as I couldn't be assed looking for the manual - but its easy) and sure enough removed a pair of 5p coins trapped in the recess behind the ashtray. It used to do my head in - every firkin roundabout - 'chink' as you sway left then 'chink' as you check right - then 'chink' again as you exit the roundabout. The only reason I suffered this long is cos I normally turn up the stereo, but I reached the end of my patience with it yesterday.

Thats one less thing to annoy me about my car - just gotta get some brakes that are actually worthy of the engine output - and the list continues...

Turns out the instrument lights for the heating controls are now dead - I must have disturbed a connector somewhere along the way. **** - I hate these cars sometimes...

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Yeah, sometimes the love-hate scales tip more towards "hate".

I am personally pretty pleased with the car for the moment. I am looking forward to getting adjustable coilovers shortly. Now if I could just shed 200 kgs I'd have myself a car.

Comment

:-) I bet we can all relate to this feeling!! I'm slightly on the ok side of here right now, stuck a new CV on at athe weekend, decided I couldn't mount my gauges how I wanted to ..shoot! and the cam belt is being done tonight, so maybe.... I'll start to re-assemble her next weekend.

91 S1, I've shed 90 kilos from my Avant and the coil overs are arrving soon. I aim to loose about 140-150 kilos in total, anymore than this would require a huge amount of cash!

With 90 kilos out of the car at the moment, the back end is WAY up in the air, the front end is only up by half an inch, I reckon I'll need all 70mm drop of the coil overs just to get her backside down a bit!!

:-)

Oh, even 90 kilos brings a big improvement in the overall car! cannot wait for 140 kilos out, brakes and suspenion, then power.... should be fun :-)
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
        91 S1, I've shed 90 kilos from my Avant and the coil overs are arrving soon. I aim to loose about 140-150 kilos in total, anymore than this would require a huge amount of cash!

With 90 kilos out of the car at the moment, the back end is WAY up in the air, the front end is only up by half an inch, I reckon I'll need all 70mm drop of the coil overs just to get her backside down a bit!!
        90 Kilos! wow...that's a lot. I thought that i did a lot by putting 996 monoblocks and lost 2 kilos at each of the front corners...then i put on the big rotors and put myself back in the hole!
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Know what you mean Joe!! Know what U mean....
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Know what you mean Joe!! Know what U mean....
            Martyn...are you going to put a carbon fiber bonnet to lighten it up some more!?

i am putting a cf one soon...but going to paint it to match my car to continue with the sleeper theme.
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
              ... with the most annoying noise coming from behind my ashtray I finally got round to pulling out the centre console (took a bit of head scratching as I couldn't be assed looking for the manual - but its easy) and sure enough removed a pair of 5p coins trapped in the recess behind the ashtray.
              Fancy coming to Finland to remove my sliding coins?

Most likely they've found their way into the dashboard internals through the gap between the windshield and the dashboard (i've already managed to remove >10 parking receipts from there). How the heck do I get to that space without removing the whole dash?
              Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

What and save another 20 kilos from the heaviest front end on any auto mobile ever? HELL YES!!

Even a Mack truck has a lighter front end :-)

Originally posted by NoNonsense
                Martyn...are you going to put a carbon fiber bonnet to lighten it up some more!?

i am putting a cf one soon...but going to paint it to match my car to continue with the sleeper theme.
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

What and save another 20 kilos from the heaviest front end on any auto mobile ever? HELL YES!!

Fantabulous!!!
                  Joe "NoNonsense"
                  axis motorsport
                  joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Hi Martyn
                    What have you removed so far to lighten it by 90 kilos I'm assuming you started with the spare wheel. .....And only half filling the tank would save 30 kilos ( and around 30 quid from memory ) Anything else
                    Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
                    Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
                    Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
                    Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

The fuel in the tank is not in the equation ;-) I have kept a blow by blow list of everything removed and the weight of that part. It's quite amazing what you can take out! The spare wheel is removed yes, as the Avus won't fit over the brakes (when fitted) so no point in carrying around 18 kilos of spare wheel is there? I'll send you the list of whats out.
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
                        Fancy coming to Finland to remove my sliding coins?

Most likely they've found their way into the dashboard internals through the gap between the windshield and the dashboard (i've already managed to remove >10 parking receipts from there). How the heck do I get to that space without removing the whole dash?
                        Ask Martyn how to on the dashboard, hes gotta take his out!
                        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

I discovered this when I jacked up the car on my driveway and merely put a hole in the tar.

00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
                          08 RRS TDV6 HSE
                          03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

Working...
                          X