Window Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Controls

I've got the block off but can't get into the units to replace the bulbs...

How do the control units come away from their holder?

I don't want to apply too much leverage and break the whole unit.....

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
    08 RRS TDV6 HSE
    03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

They're really so tight that you can't get them out. BTDT.
    I did mine by twisting the buttons out and then the clips become visible that hold the switches in place. This will leave marks on the plate. So I sanded and repaint mine and you really can't tell the difference. I used normal £1 satin black spray can.

Replace the resistors with 1K ones! The originals are too low resistance ones and that's why the LEDs burn. Yes, they're small red LEDs, not bulbs.
    -

Comment

I opened this ******* so many times... i`m you man!

First stab a flat screwdriver between the plastic cover and the box of the switch (where you see the numbers. And then force it down (look at the picture and inamgine forcing it towards the table. Dont be afraid to use force! One side of the box will release, and then do the same on the other side. You will then have the 4 boxes in the hand and you will see four "teeth" per box holding the thing together. First of all you have to remove the button of the switch (where the red lihgt comes out) then you can stab once again at least 3 flat (very thin) screwdrivers behind the four "teeth" to lift the plastic (once again where the numbers are written) off. Doing so everything comes apart. The interior is built very simply, there is no "high-tech" in it.

I hope I made myself clear. If not, ask away!!! Maybe i should do a -how to- with pics en stuff...
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
      X