RS2 recaro seat adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 recaro seat adjustment

The drivers backrest has some lateral movement which is a pain on hard cornering and is not present on the passenger side.
    I assume its age related.
    Is there a way to retighten the seat backrest before I start to pull the plastic covers off the base to find out ?
    Alastair
    RS2

I think you will have to remove the plastic cover, to see why is the backrest moving. I have coupe seats, so mine are different. Cant help you directly. Just be patient and careful when removing that cover, becouse those plastic clips can break off easly. I`m sorry, don`t have any pics... Good luck!
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

There is no adjustment as such in the backrest of the seats but you may be able to see if what the problem is by removing the trims. I would imagine the holes that the backrest fixes with have elongated over time thus making it move around.

Am I corect in assuming that even though you have an avant the recaros can be tilted forward? AFAIK all recaro seats have this feature.

If so to get to the backrest fixings you need to remove the trim shown in the diagram below:

The arrows show where the fixings plugs are. You need to push these thtough from the outside to release the clips. Once they are out you can carefully pull the trim off. You need to find the plugs so you can refit them when you put it back together. Some Audi seats (not sure about the recaros) use different length plugs so you need to check which one is from which hole.

The backrest is held in place by clips (Nº 1 in the diagram below):

Slide these off and you can remove the backrest by pulling the bracket (Nº 2 in the diagram) away from the seat.

NB: If you are removing the backrest you need to remove the seat, remove the trim around the underside of the seat and unplug the backrest heater wiring.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Just a suggestion...... ****maybe**** the sensation you are feeling is the seat rocking side to side because of worn out seat runner guides??

Just a thought that's all..... I've had Recaro's apart down to the last smallest part and I see no means to adjust the backrest at all.
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martynf coul be right. That small plastic guide mounted on the (rear) legs of the seat could cause the problem as they are thin and could be broken or have slided off their position. Be prepared to get your fingers dirty
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Martin is right plastic bushes are worn out @ runner.
            sigpic_________
            Rob

Comment

Must admit bushes are possible as last night I was able to move seat base a fraction and this may well be amplified in backrest due to its inherent movement.
              Another thought has been sub frame bolts ??
              Thanks as usual for all the ideas
              Alastair
              RS2

Comment

Working...
              X