heater controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater controls

has this been posted somewhere already??

i want to get to the lights behind heater controls, as they are not working.
    i have so far managed to replace or fix all the other dash lights, but not these.

is it simply a case of pulling the controls off, and removing the black cover??
    somehow i cant imagine its gonna be as easy as that.

oh, and for the push in type bulbs in the switches, cigarette lighter, go to autoeurope theyare only 30p each and elivery was next day!!
    '92 S2 - Bent now

Originally posted by S2-racer
    has this been posted somewhere already??

i want to get to the lights behind heater controls, as they are not working.
    i have so far managed to replace or fix all the other dash lights, but not these.

is it simply a case of pulling the controls off, and removing the black cover??
    somehow i cant imagine its gonna be as easy as that.

oh, and for the push in type bulbs in the switches, cigarette lighter, go to autoeurope theyare only 30p each and elivery was next day!!
    The Haynes Manual was actually useful about this( for a change!) just get some cardboard and a pair of bull nosed pliers and 'pull the knobs off'. there are some countersunk screws hidden behind which are removed, the panel comes out and all is accesible.

Something to do on a windy sunday afternoon!

David

Comment

yeah like today mate!!

cheers for that, will go play soon, and hopefully not break anything!!
      '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

yeah like today mate!!

cheers for that, will go play soon, and hopefully not break anything!!
        I don't know why I'm saying this but go an buy a Haynes manual for the car.

it is the audi 80/90 coupe and it is helpful for many things except it doesn't cover anything quattro, turbo etc. etc.

It has some usueful stuff tho'.

I don't know if it is still available as It is not listed in the latest Haynes manuals......

David

Comment

It is still listed on the net:

Haynes ISBN no. 85960 1774

off out to work on my car now as it is just starting to rain

David

Comment

all done, that was far easier than expected, lol!!
            '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

all done, that was far easier than expected, lol!!
              I bet you kept drier than I did, I swapped the wheels and tyres on my dad's rover in the pouring rain, the neighbour bought a set of 15" alloys for his car and sold the old 14" steel wheels to me for £40. there was 6mm of tread on the tyres! I had to fit them today as the old ones were nearly illegal.

Then I had to take the exhaust off the Mondeo 4x4 and weld the pipe back onto the box and weld on skids to stop it being ripped off again.......

I'd gladly have swapped jobs with you!

Still no work done on the Audi

David

Comment

Working...
              X