Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Tacho position

Hi,

anybody knows where the original position of the needle in the tacho should be as i moved it and now I don't know where to set it.

I would also like to know how to remove it so I can fiddle in the inside since it had some issues.
    Attached Files
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Easiest way to remove the needle is to use 2 teaspoons to prise it off
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Ok, thanks. Any idea on where to set the needle position on RS2?
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I don't but if you do a search in google images of RS2 dash you may get an idea from pictures of others
        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Here you go...

Audi Nut!!!

Comment

So, a bit under the 20 km/h
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

You mean the speedometer not the tacho, (tachometer) tacho is the rev counter.

Comment

Sorry tachometer (ταχύμετρο) is the Greek word for speed meter. The other should be rev-counter.

However you know what I am talking about
                Last edited by Billman; 13 November 2011, 01:40.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

So, I officially destroyed it. While trying to pull the needle out from the front of the dials, this tiny spring that is attached to it came with. I tied to reposition it and it seemed fine.
                  However on the car I see no km/h and the airbag light is on.

Q: Is there a solution to make it work?

Can I buy a Audi 80 cluster and change everything in except the speedometer (change only the dial there)?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Anyone has a clue why this happened. The needle came out with the shaft and this hairthin spring wire.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

It seems the needle stuck on the shaft and it came fully out. Anyone has a clue if the thin wire/spring on the shaft is welded somewhere or does it simply stays there?

The shaft is fully pushed in this "coil?" or not?

Here the original issue still not sorted out

Attached Files
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Oh bu66er!!!!! That is not good! Only thn needle should come off and leave the spindle in the centre.

What exactly were you trying to repair?
                        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Does anyone knows a way how to check the speedometer on the bench with plain tools? Car battery ect. I think the problem is this coil in the middle.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Yep, the needle was stuck and by the way i check that i was pulling the whole shaft out it was too late.

I wanted to ckeck for bad solder joints because the LCD was sometimes showing these lines instead of letters and graphics and while I was there I wanted to set the kilometer that way so I can check easily for service intervals after the rebuilt.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

If you get a spare speed sensor and supply live to clocks and sensor.

Put feeds from sensor to clocks then spin the sensor with an electric drill.

However it would be easier to jack up 1 front and 1 rear wheel on your car and test on the spot. Don't have the handbrake on when doing it though or it will try to move the car still
                              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X