Footwell leak through heater housing / pollen filter from windscreen seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SORRY BOYS AND GIRLS
    I just realised that I thought I was replying to a similar thread where a chap has an issue after having a windsceen fitted.
    So ignore the bit about the glass fitters

Comment

Bump. Any more thoughts based on that diagram? It seems a little strange they would have designed the seal like that and yet made it so hard to sit on the scuttle panel as advised in this thread. I flipped mine up anyways to see if it will stop any leaks, but it going to be a pain to have to do that each time I take the scuttle pannel off.
      1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

Comment

Just bumping this thread as I appear to be having a similar issue, the whole passenger footwell on my car appears to have about an inch of water in it:

So i've stripped the interior and am about to remove the carpet so I can dry it out properly, still few more things to remove in order to get the carpet out - namely coming stuck as I don't know how to get the carpet out from under the dash (I am guessing from searches on here its a case of dash out or rambo knife out?)

So reading this thread has been good for trying to find out where the leak is coming from and I am pretty certain its from the pollen filter just like yours as the water is only on one side (checked the door seals and heater matrix) so I think its the filter. Unlike most threads I have found on here, mine seems to have a flap, which i guess is the recirc flap.

So, how do I reseal this? black silicone strip? or is there a specific part I need to get and number for TPS? thanks

Comment

Lee i have replied to your thread about this over on CA but will copy and paste it here too.

Originally posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
          Yep that looks like a pollen filter that hasn't been changed in years. Mine was like that until i got round to changing mine.Noticed on mine that in heavy rain one day saw a few little drops on the carpet in the passenger front later in the same year we bought it.The carpet was only slightly damp as car had been garaged all it's life. This is another source of a water problem but you have not mentioned your front passenger well being wet?? Was it?

The reason why these leak in this area is due to people not paying due care and attention to resealing the rain scuttle cover.When your take them of they need to be resealed properly and with the correct stuff from Audi.You could use the rear lamp sealing chord Audi use,i did and carefully coat the edge of the scuttle and the edge of the tray.This sorted mine out and it's been bone dry ever since.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
          X