Heated mirror problem 80 Avant 2.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated mirror problem 80 Avant 2.6

I am having a problem with my heated mirrors. The car is a B4 Avant 2.6 1994. No power to the heater wire when I put the demister switch on - rear window demister is working fine though. Is there maybe an overriding temperature control for the mirrors since the weather is rather warm just now?? Or maybe a separate fuse (i.e. not fuse 16)? They were working before, the problem only arose after I changed one of the mirror glasses

There is no temperature control for the mirrors and they do get their feed via fuse S16.

However, the mirrrors' feed comes from a seperate pole inside the heated rear window switch E15 and the wiring diagrams appear to show an internal 10Amp fuse inside E15 just in the mirror feed. Of course the actual "switch" has electronics inside so it can also act as the timer relay and I've never had one apart to see if there is a fuse inside, or if it is a blowing or thermally resetting type. The mirrors are feed from pin 3.

You'll find the wiring diagrams on S2central.net and you want sheet 95.

John

Comment

Hi John,

I am struggling to find the page you mention. Any chance of a link please to the actual page.

Roger

Comment

Hi John,

Forget that, found it, really difficult to get that switch out though!!

Roger

Comment

Working...
        X