How to clear this Warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clear this Warning light

As above i have had this on now since i bought the car 18mths ago. Iv changed the brake pedal switch, also tried a working bulb ecu, even changed the rear light cluster panels, also tried another set of clocks and still no joy anyone else had this fault before and knows the answer i have run out of idea's now and would like to resolve this.
    Attached Files

Sounds stupid mate, but are you sure all the bulbs are working?
    Is this just with the headlights on or all the time? Do you have HIDs?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

have you got LED brake lamp bulbs fitted ???
      Audi S2 Coupe 1995
      VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
      VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
      Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Sounds stupid mate, but are you sure all the bulbs are working?
        Is this just with the headlights on or all the time? Do you have HIDs?
        All the time m8, all bulbs ok and no Hid's fitted im baffled

Comment

Originally posted by benntenn67 View Post
          have you got LED brake lamp bulbs fitted ???
          No Led's fitted either.

Comment

Maybe some corrosion on the bulb holder connector pins if the boot space has ever seen water ingress in its life?

Check that the bulbs are of the correct wattage too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nuvo;713164]Maybe some corrosion on the bulb holder connector pins if the boot space has ever seen water ingress in its life?

Check that the bulbs are of the correct wattage too.[/QUOT

The boot is always water logged I have checked and cleaned the connectors, it's got to be something simple i have also checked with vag com but it doesn't recognise the fault. just have to keep looking.

Comment

Just a thought.
                Has the car had a towing bracket at any stage, because they play havoc with Autocheck...
                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
                  Just a thought.
                  Has the car had a towing bracket at any stage, because they play havoc with Autocheck...
                  No m8 no Towing kit ever fitted.

Comment

Is there not a number of threads on here regarding water ingress into Coupe boots, that gives a number of pointers as to possible causes, I don't know myself as I have Avants and Saloons.

Can't be helping your situation to have a water logged boot.

Post the cure when you find it.

Best wishes.

Comment

Have you looked at Paul's site for information?http://www.s2central.net under Technical Data -> Electrical Systems

Do you get an audible beep with the warning?

I have had a similar problem and it hink it has been cause by me taking out the instrument cluster when adding cruise control. I had the usual HID thing then did the K-pin mod and it went away. Now I get the symbol you have usually after the brake problem (red light) and several beeps. I know the brake system is fine as it has a new bomb and in Paul's site it says

A quick way to test the Autocheck display is with the leftmost button on the instrument cluster. This also doubles as the dimmer control for the instrument illumination. Pushing this button for five seconds while the car is stationary (with ignition ON) will start the Autocheck display test sequence which will briefly cycle each warning symbol. If none of these symbols are displayed then check that the night AND day illumination bulbs on the Autocheck LCD module are working correctly. The test sequence will not be started if the system has detected a red alert condition..

When I press and hold this button there are no red alert conditions and the symbol you have remains.

Reading other sources I now think that the autocheck module is at fault and has some dry joints that cause intermittent reporting issues. You mention that you have changed the clocks - it is possible that the new set also has the same problem.

I'll let you know when I next have time to investigate my car to check

HTH
                      2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                      1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Yes John done the auto check and no beeps or red warnings. Now my alarm is playing up will start then won't had an to pull the fuses in the alarm loom did this and the car won't start as expected but the audible alarm keeps on going and the remote won't turn it off so in a temper i ripped the wires out , and now i found the problem water an inch deep in both sides of the car and the control box was sitting in it because i left in dangling down Now i can't fix the audible speaker as the wires are to short on the plug to connect

Comment

Working...
                        X