Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-to fit Audi 80 B4 avant (RS2) seats and doorcards in sedan

Here is a guide I made from my own car:

Does interior of an Audi 80 Avant fit in the sedan??* The answer is yes, with some modification. But nothing welding needed. Only some tools, a cordless drill and lots of PATIENCE!!* You should do it in a day so just take your time.* My car is a 1992 model Audi 80 B4.

Old interior:

The interior I wanted:

So to the work

Doorcards:

If you have the new door side from before (from 1993 and onwards I think?) the RS2 door cards will fit right on. If you have the old door cards as I had (see above photo) so GET FOR GOD'S SAKE WITH INNER INK which the door cards is attached in. Some people claim that going to use from the old but these must then hammered flat and you have to break off a stick from the door side so just forget it. And another thing I thought was very strange was that for me so it did not seem like the frame around the window was the same on my car and I brought avant interior from?! Correct me if it is wrong. I could not get it to fit right away at least so changed over the border from my car to the new inner inks from Avant.

Front seats:

These fit right in! Just remove the screw in front of the seats that prevents the seat from sliding too far back in the rails as you slide the rear and out of the rails. So it is fixed and you can slip into your new seat! The RS2 seats I have installed are electric with heat in. The old wirings for heated seats in my car was just plug right into the new seat. Electric adjustments of the new seats must add up to power but this is only plus and minus. Be sure to get the plus and minus correct otherwise so does switches opposite direction. I have created separate 15A fuse on each of the seats.

Rear seats:

Here's the biggest work! The rear seat backrest is mounted higher up on the Avant and the backrest is not as high as the sedan. So the mounts on the bottom of the backrest, the ones that the backrest hangs in when you tilt, you must move up a bit. The upper mounts where you can release the backrest, you use as they are original. Here are pictures of the rear seats. Sedan to lthe right and avant to the left:

The original lower mounts where the tilt is:

The screw over the original one for the tilt, is what I used for the new mounts. Was the perfect height. The new mounts are a 8mm threaded rod cut to the correct length, pressed on a 35mm2 (?) Extension tube on (which I also cut a bit) and a nut so I kept the function from the old screw. So I sat in plastic sleeves that the rear seats is slided onto:

The original and the new mount:

The mounts in the middle must be raised:

About this much:

The new mount:

The upper part of the middle mount is now too high and must be made new mounts here too. I have used pop nuts to screw the mounts onto the body.

But the backrest is not high enough and I can look straight into the trunk on my car. And the backrest doesnt touch the body of the car on the middle. So here you should fasten an angle or something to lock so that the backrest can lay against. Have not done this but will do so later.

Side supports are not suitable at all here so you might as well use the original, you can fit it with the same leather if you want.

Here is the difference

Og festene til sikkerhetsselene blir lave i forhold til sitteputen så disse bør forlenges.

Rear bench:

It fits mainly fine. The mounts in the front to keep the pad when you tilt it forward to tilt the front seat backrest must be screwed into the wall where the pad rests. On the large pad is already hole in the wall of this, just make a hole in the carpet. So I used a 6mm machine screws and nuts. Used only the top hole in each bracket. It is also a gap between the back and the cushion but this you must just live with.

Audi 80 2,8 Quattro "RS2"

Originally posted by oddove View Post
    It is also a gap between the back and the cushion but this you must just live with.
    Sounds very sad. The same problem with installing avant rear seat to a coupe, and I believe, the cushion should be moved up some way with side bolsters shortened from the bottom so that the gap would disappear.

Comment

Working...
    X