Replacing burnt-out dashboard lights in '96 S6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing burnt-out dashboard lights in '96 S6

Um, as the subject says. My '96 S6 has a couple of burnt out dashboard lights (half of the tach and the clock are dark at night). How do I fix that?

Cheers.

Originally posted by Kodiak
    Um, as the subject says. My '96 S6 has a couple of burnt out dashboard lights (half of the tach and the clock are dark at night). How do I fix that?

Cheers.
    Have a search for bulb and dashboard or look on the interior section of the boards, I did a small BTDT and there is alse some info on S2central too i think.

It is not too hard and on the S2 and should be similar on the S6.....

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
      Have a search for bulb and dashboard or look on the interior section of the boards, I did a small BTDT and there is alse some info on S2central too i think.

It is not too hard and on the S2 and should be similar on the S6.....

Cheers,

Steve.
      Thanks.

I do hope the S2 and S6 are similar in this respect. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak

Cheers.

Hi!

Just click & fix! http://www.s2central.net/main_frame.html

Comment

On closer inspection, it seems the dashboard in my S6 is quite different from the S2's. Anyone have the instructions for replacing the dash bulbs in an S6 (1996)?

Comment

Your in luck, the procedure is covered in the workshop manual. I've uploaded it to my webspace for you.

Removing Dash Panel Insert

But first you'll need to read Removing Steering Wheel and Combination Switch

HTH,

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Damn, I was afraid I'd have to remove the wheel. With the airbag, I don't think I want to mess with it, plus I don't have the proper tools. Think I'll just leave it for now. Many thanks, though.

Comment

Ive got a bulb out on my tacho too, 6-7k is now dark and my fuel gauge is a lil dark also.... the tacho one only just went bloody thing, really cant be bothered with doing them.... possibly a garage meet job lolol find some helpful person to do it for me as i help others
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                  Ive got a bulb out on my tacho too, 6-7k is now dark and my fuel gauge is a lil dark also.... the tacho one only just went bloody thing, really cant be bothered with doing them.... possibly a garage meet job lolol find some helpful person to do it for me as i help others
                  Piece of piss on the S2 - you don't have to remove the steering wheel. The instrument cluster comes out the dash past the steering wheel if you get the angle right. 1 hour max to replace bulbs....

HTH

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                  X