Autocheck not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocheck not working...

I'm not sure when this happened but I'd guess it's when I took the cluster out to investigate the non-working odometer...

Basically, when I start the car, I don't get the "brake light" request, neither do I get "brake" that I used to occasionally get from one part of the brake system or another.

I swapped in an old, working autocheck and that showed the same symptoms, so I guess it's wiring related?

I also tested the system by unplugging one of the rear light clusters to trigger a brake light, indicator and tail light warning and although there were beeps, there was no illumiation.

The only warning I get, which I've rarely had before, is the oil pressure warning.

I'll need to borrow a spare cluster to try but in the meantime, anyone got any ideas?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Thought this might help

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/workshop/sc...ositions_l.png
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Good starting point for sure. Going to check the fuses again as it seems there ate a lot that ho through the unit.
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Where is the bulb check unit located? Is it part of the cluster or separate?
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Its a relay in the aux relay carrier, under the drivers side glove tray or whatever you call it

Given this manifested after you had the cluster apart I would look there though. The long pins connecting the autocheck/trip unit to the cluster would be my first guess
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Got to be worth a look... Any idea on the numbers on the relay? Can check the wires out too... More electrical investigations (got 2 French cars on the drive)
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              Where is the bulb check unit located? Is it part of the cluster or separate?
              Front and rear light units are seperate. In a coupe the one for the brake lights and rear tail lights is above and behind the spare wheel.

John

Comment

For them all to have stopped working, I'm guessing its a dodgy wire or plug at the cluster, as that's what's been out recently...
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Bulb
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    Bulb
                    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...