No announcement yet.

Resolving squeaks & rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use felt tape on the shelf. Adjust the nuts so that it closes nicely and use felt tape on the dash area instead of the parcel itself so it doesn't show when you open it.

Comment

ive got allot of tape lol

Comment

I've had too many noises coming from centre console and seats so I stuffed a couple of black socks in between driver side and console and passenger side and it's worked a treat!!

Comment

I put a tab of grease in the lugs where they locate to hold the shelf in the closed position and it's now silent. Agree on the pillar trims, mine are annoying the hell out of me too. Also, not sure why but the sunroof is making some noise, need to silence that too, think it's the trim flapping so maybe it's popped off one of the retainers
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

felt tape, socks, alcantara etc all seem to work but has anyone noticed that our cars squeak more when it is cold? Probably something to do with thermal expansion so I say - only drive when it is hot and that way we enjoy some sunshine and no squeaks!

Re the parcel shelf, is it def the shelf and not the boot hatch? I know the coupe tailgates are prone to creaking and the only thing i have found to work is occasionally wrapping a couple or three turns of insulation tape around the catch. If you look - the catch where it fits into the lock on the body gets a notch worn into it and i think this allows movement when it is all engaged. I have tried all sorts of adjustments but the best is 2mins of tape wrapping and then its done. Remove the old stuff before renewing or you may end up jamming your lock shut!

Comment

I had this tailgate rattle with my S2 Avant and two new catches with virgin plastic stopped that rattle. The silence was deafening after being so "used to" it, and worth the cost / effort.

Black insulating tape is a good ghetto substitute to see if it improves the situation.

Also, as mentioned, the two receivers in the boot floor are position adjustable for the tailgate's two respective catches.

Comment

Working...
              X